VP44 guys help me on this

I run 12.75 1/4 with a SO VP, 63/70, and Mach 7's. ATS converter, factory stall I think. You have more fuel and more air, I think its the converter.

I run 12.75 1/4 with a SO VP, 63/70, and Mach 7's. ATS converter, factory stall I think. You have more fuel and more air, I think its the converter.

i thinks so to. new development today. pulled my intake off to air test the system. found a boot backed off a little but i noticed the compressor wheel was nicked up a little. test drove it. ran o as usuall but was making a noise i didnt like from the turbo. Noticed the wheel sticking a bit. pulled the compressor housing off. somthing is gawled up behind the wheel causing it to stick. im taking the turbo off tommorow and taking it apart to see what happened.

one problem after the next i guess

i thinks so to. new development today. pulled my intake off to air test the system. found a boot backed off a little but i noticed the compressor wheel was nicked up a little. test drove it. ran o as usuall but was making a noise i didnt like from the turbo. Noticed the wheel sticking a bit. pulled the compressor housing off. somthing is gawled up behind the wheel causing it to stick. im taking the turbo off tommorow and taking it apart to see what happened.

one problem after the next i guess

In your other thread it looked like a brand new turbo, correct? On a side note, where'd you get your headlights?

Stupid question.....What is your gate set at? You can hear it open in the video

Your converter is way too loose, You should be building alot more boost at 2800 rpm with that little exhaust housing man, v10 stall is too much, I have been running real close to a stock stall with a bigger set of twins...

Stupid question.....What is your gate set at? You can hear it open in the video

the gate is blocked right now so it cant open. took the charger off yesterday and tookmit apart compressor wheel except for those few knicks in it is fine. that was my fault im sure just throwing a filter on there and not checking for any debris.

but.....

i pulled the exhaust housing off and that wheel is totally chewed up. it looks like it melted and little pieces got flung of every where. Boxed it up last night and shipped it back to precision to see what they think happened. My egts have nevr gotten over 1400 since i installed this turbo and ive only ran for like 3 weeks. my buddy litterally has the same turbo on his 6.0 litre and it took two years of sled pulling and drag racing and peggeing his egt gauge to burn his exhaust wheel up like i did. i know his truck is a way different animal but he is very close to my truck in terms of horse power and fuel and he can light that thing no problem. he has a stock stall in his converter....again i know that isnt anything like a dodge tranny but u would just think my truck would act similar.

yer using all yer powr cuz the coverter is slippingit away? does the trans get hot...no way my gorend triple will slip to 2800...its a stock stll if not slightly tighter for towing

converter and turbo issue. with my old duallie, mach 7s, silver bullet, hrvp44, and the bottle, ran a best of 7.88 in the 1/8 and 12.31 1/4.

Just read this whole thread. I was thinkin wastegate or turbine issue. Glad you figured out the issue. Good luck

The converter is def gonna be changed with out a doubt we are sure on that. We spoke to the guys at empire diesel(buddy) and he was really wondering about the timing. I know Monster mike says to not use a lot of timing on his pump but Empire seems to think the timing may be to advanced soo when the rpms come up it literally spraying raw fuel right through the head and out the exhauste which can melt the exhaust wheel and even the valves and u wouldnt really catch that on the egt gauge.

Can any of the monster pump guys chime in here.

When my turbo gets back we are gonna put it on and huck the truck up to a laptop and run it some to see what the vp is actually doing.

see what timing is at and if it can be played with a little

I ran a V10 V10 converter that was around a 2800 stall. It was a little loose for the vp but I could build 12psi by 2400 with a 465 .90ar no problem. I have a video somewhere with an Incab camera.

thats what i thought. can you post the readings you get at different settings on the comp

The converter is def gonna be changed with out a doubt we are sure on that. We spoke to the guys at empire diesel(buddy) and he was really wondering about the timing. I know Monster mike says to not use a lot of timing on his pump but Empire seems to think the timing may be to advanced soo when the rpms come up it literally spraying raw fuel right through the head and out the exhauste which can melt the exhaust wheel and even the valves and u wouldnt really catch that on the egt gauge.

Can any of the monster pump guys chime in here.

When my turbo gets back we are gonna put it on and huck the truck up to a laptop and run it some to see what the vp is actually doing.

see what timing is at and if it can be played with a little

Maybe you misquoted "Empire" but advanced timing will put fuel in earlier, meaning less raw fuel makes it to the exhaust tract.

Retarded timing with a lot of duration could spray fuel late enough to possibly send raw fuel through the exhaust stream.

Did you try locking the converter in 2nd gear? Even if it snuffs the charger for a few seconds, you'll run quicker once the charger comes back up to full boost with a solidly locked drivetrain.

As you probably know, getting a tighter converter will make it so the rpm drop from unlocked to locked is much less maybe 400 rpm total and you'll be able to stay on top of the turbo during lock-up and possibly gain another 10-15psi boost from lock-up.

If you had a 12 valve, I'd tell you to just manually hold the 1st gear shift to 3600 rpm and then hit lock-up right away in 2nd gear.

Since your setup is defueling at 3200 rpm, you have no other option but to change the converter and/or turbo setup.

Maybe you misquoted "Empire" but advanced timing will put fuel in earlier, meaning less raw fuel makes it to the exhaust tract.

Retarded timing with a lot of duration could spray fuel late enough to possibly send raw fuel through the exhaust stream.

Did you try locking the converter in 2nd gear? Even if it snuffs the charger for a few seconds, you'll run quicker once the charger comes back up to full boost with a solidly locked drivetrain.

As you probably know, getting a tighter converter will make it so the rpm drop from unlocked to locked is much less maybe 400 rpm total and you'll be able to stay on top of the turbo during lock-up and possibly gain another 10-15psi boost from lock-up.

If you had a 12 valve, I'd tell you to just manually hold the 1st gear shift to 3600 rpm and then hit lock-up right away in 2nd gear.

Since your setup is defueling at 3200 rpm, you have no other option but to change the converter and/or turbo setup.

yeah i did word that wrong. side note on the 2000 model engines is timing read from the crank sensor or the vp computer its self. trying to see if its read at the crank for accurate tuning.

Back