Washington DC Newb with ?'s

There's a place in Stafford county with a yard full of Texan diesel trucks. Called Woodyard Auto. I think the Dodges go quick so maybe call and see what they have. Save you some money for the fun stuff.

I figured:D Usually people use 24v to refer to the VP trucks.

I had a salesman tell me that the CRs had more than 24 valves. That's why they made more power:bang:hehe:

LMAO :hehe: some people are dumb.

I miss my old 12 valve when people would say "you got a chip in it?" and I'd say "yea theres a nasty one in the tailgate" :bang

That is incorrect, the 03 and up Dodges had CP3's, the 98.5-02's had VP44's.

Blackhatch: anything 03 and up is a Common Rail Cummins. The 04's would have the vin code 6 if it were the early 04, and C if it were the Cummins 600 series (i.e. the 04.5 and newer.)

The sticks hold up pretty well after you get a double disk clutch in there, as long as your not slammin' it tooooo hard. :bang

Is the VIN digit to look for the 8th one as in other vehicles?

Also, what is the difference between the 600 series and non 600 series?

Thanks.

Hey hows it going, good to have another east coast member. I would vote for a 04.5-06 5.9 CR cummins but the Duramax is ok too. But I think you'll enjoy the steps of building up a cummins a lil more.

There's a truck pull on the Eastern Shore in Easton this Sat, you should come over and check things out should be a few nice trucks there & the Dyno will be there too.

Brett

Brett,

Is this the event you're talking about??

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33165

If it is a website or directions or more info would be great.

thanks,
scott

Is the VIN digit to look for the 8th one as in other vehicles?

Also, what is the difference between the 600 series and non 600 series?

Thanks.

the 600 series engine is given the name by the tq that it produces stock. the 04.5 and up produce 610 ft-lbs tq where the 03-04 produces 555 ft-lbs tq. i would stick to the 5.9 engines since there is more aftermarket products for them and they are tried and proven (unless you give it to dock boy). now key thing is what are your plans for the truck are you going to sled pull or drag race with it? i would say sled pull manual with a clutch, drag race fully built auto with gear vendors over drive unit.

Back