West Coast Pull Series, Interest?

ok i think its a great idea for you southerners to get a points thing started but my point to scott is that because he hits up all the pull and since he and i have been doing pulls up in the mid and northern parts there has never been a points chase for them.. it cant be determined by the sled or group putting on the pulls because there are a couple.. and sadly the tractor guys arent in it to help us.. we need a pulling club in cal.. get the rules straightend out and have a real chase.. of course just my opinion and we all know thats not worth smoke.. but i just think it would be more fun and give another reason to make more pulls..

Ya that would make it funner, but there is not enough trucks for it and not enough people to spend time with a series and teching trucks and so on.

Ya that would make it funner, but there is not enough trucks for it and not enough people to spend time with a series and teching trucks and so on.

Agree, there just simply aren't enough dedicated pullers in any class to make it work for the whole season. With that being siad I think Craig has a good idea in keeping it small to begin with, and perhaps folks will catch on. Three hooks this year, 4 or 5 next who knows.

BBD

valid points.. but there are quit a few of us that do attend most of the pulls up here. i know there would be alot more interest if there was something more to give some more reasons to go. and really that is my point the few of us that do go to most or alot of pulls dont get any credit for that.. if we had a club or association for cal pulling then at least we would be more of an acctual force and then we can help streamline the rules dont you think.. most of the time we already know what trucks have and even having a simple turbo plug would help with that. oh ya scott this is adam if you havent figured that out yet.. i just think it kinda sucks that we all show up and it a random trophy and the number of pulls we attend doesnt matter.

valid points.. but there are quit a few of us that do attend most of the pulls up here. i know there would be alot more interest if there was something more to give some more reasons to go. and really that is my point the few of us that do go to most or alot of pulls dont get any credit for that.. if we had a club or association for cal pulling then at least we would be more of an acctual force and then we can help streamline the rules dont you think.. most of the time we already know what trucks have and even having a simple turbo plug would help with that. oh ya scott this is adam if you havent figured that out yet.. i just think it kinda sucks that we all show up and it a random trophy and the number of pulls we attend doesnt matter.

what you are describing is what a good number of us have been trying to do for years to no avail. The funding, the infrastructue and quite frankly the interest have proved difficult to set up over such a wide geographical area. This series I am describing is an attempt at accomplishing some uniformity specifically for diesel pullers, just on a very small scale to begin with. While it is a bit south for you folks up north, it is doable. Eventually we would hope to expand and grow the series but have to start somewhere. So if you want what you describe, I would suggest showing up at these pulls we are trying to make happen. That is the first step.

I have to agree with Craig the sustained interest is not there and I am not saying the dedication isn’t in some cases, but life and now the economy can get in the way. The amount of trucks and those that pull changes from year to year and that makes it hard to set up and judge interest. You can’t count on everybody all of the time. We simply don’t have enough dedicated pullers willing to travel to events to make points series an option for a promoter, so I think what Craig is doing is a great start with just a few pulls and get folks interested. We have tried a points series in the past remember this debackle DPO I gave money to this organization three years straight and never saw anything for it. How many of them still hook? We talk about every winter as we are now but nothing every comes of it when puling season actually starts, nobody to help teck no trucks at the events etc…

BBD

yup TDI's :)

hahah

truck is just sitting in storage for the winter. i did go and start it the other day but it needs some work before i take it out again. My work has to come first so it will probably be june before i'm hitting events.

So thats it for SS????? Just me and Cole? Where the F is Nick? fartin around with his new tdi i'm sure. :)

-Tom

Nick, I am working on a tentative schedule and don't see any event that I plan on attending until June after the WCN's anyway so you got time.

BBD

scott do you have a schedual for this years pulls around here

Here is my best guess of the ones I might attend after looking at last years schedule, again this is guess I have not seen all of these locked in. I am sure there are several others out there as well if you look at CSS and VTPA.

West Coast Nationals (Tulare, CA) Feb 9th& 10th
Merced County Fair (Merced, CA) June 15th
County Fair (Eureka, CA) June 23rd
Willits Frontier Days (Willits, CA) June 25th
Mother lode Fair (Sonora, CA) June 226th
NHRDA / Jefferson State Diesel (Redding, CA) July 10th
Redwood Empire Fair (Ukiah, CA) August 7th
Nevada State Fair (Reno, NV) August 27th
Antelope Valley Fair (Lancaster, CA) August 28th
Sublimity Harvest Festival (Sublimity, OR) Sept 10th&11th
San Benito County Fair (Hollister, CA) Oct 2nd
Sacramento Raceway (Sacramento, CA) ??????

BBD

You guy's want to make a run to this one :)

NADM (Salt Lake City) Sept 3rd&4th

BBD

ill make every pull they do in lancaster. i wasnt planning on setting the truck up to pull too much cuz the long drive north to pull is difficult but if they are going to be closer to home then ill make it happen.

Garrett

I still have the money from the DPO--$200 bucks or so--I'll send it to whomever the guys(Scott, Tom and Nick) want me to for a purse or someone else just to hold for the future--you guys let me know--chris