What are you using to control your 47rh?

JEEZ, QUITTING THAT EASY?

I still havent made up my mind yet. I'm trying to decide but cant get any awnsers from anyone who has done that until today when I saw your responses. I use to be able to send pics to my email with my old phone. If you can do that and post I would be greatful.

What pinout do you need? Orange is +12v, black/blue tracer is ground and white/orange tracer is signal to the PCM.

I got the switches in and will try and install them later this week hopefully. Everytime I get a chance to work on it something comes along that demands my attention elsewhere. I think I'll have lockup come in about 40 and OD at 50 for a base.
Dazed & Confused Dont give up I think Avalanche Engineering makes a cross member if you cant make one Rich

come on man, can't you make them for us chevy guys too:(. my tranny has no dodge speed sensors on it and i use the GM T-case one for the speedo/ABS.

Joe

What are you talking about? Making the Speedo work or controlling the trans?
I will be glad to try to help .

What are you talking about? Making the Speedo work or controlling the trans?
I will be glad to try to help .
what he is trying to say is that he used the gm tcase to make the speedo and abs to work, and would like to make the tranny shift into od and lock up without flipping switches and using the gm speed sensor

i got the speedo and ABS down just trying to shift the tranny off the same sensor

Joe

You can use the pressure switches in this post The pinout for the dodge sending unit was to make the speedo work. I hooked up toggle switches to test speeds but I also hooked up a oil pressure gauge to the rear port on the trans and the pressure constantly rises as the speed rises so I am hooking adjustable pressure switches to control lockup and OD. Rich

I am hoping to hook them up Thurs and go for the first trial run.

It should work with any 45 ohm sender. I'm guessing the GM sender works roughly the same way as the Dodge as it's open for part of the square wave and partially at 45ohms?

You can use the pressure switches in this post The pinout for the dodge sending unit was to make the speedo work. I hooked up toggle switches to test speeds but I also hooked up a oil pressure gauge to the rear port on the trans and the pressure constantly rises as the speed rises so I am hooking adjustable pressure switches to control lockup and OD. Rich

yeah but how bout when put the pedal to the floor dont you want it to downshift at certain speeds and the oil press. switches cant do that. unless you keep the toggles too.

Joe

yeah but how bout when put the pedal to the floor dont you want it to downshift at certain speeds and the oil press. switches cant do that. unless you keep the toggles too.

Joe

Maybe if you keep your toggles in the wiring and use them when you want to nail it you will be able to un lock it and or turn off OD. I think that is how we did the Ford but can't remember now.

Joe

True it wont down shift but a speed sensor controlled one wont either unless it has a provision for a TPS . I dont think it would be that big of a deal if it does not downshift, unless you are towing. Once you are going fast enough to have it locked down in overdrive it should pull hard and have plenty to pass. I do plan on having an override for special circumstances .You could use a kick down switch for a th400 chevy to downshift.
I think the biggest drawback with this system is that it will shift at the same mph at light throttle pressure as well as WOT . Rich

I wouldnt think you would need it to down shift especially with the turbos you are running.

True it wont down shift but a speed sensor controlled one wont either unless it has a provision for a TPS . I dont think it would be that big of a deal if it does not downshift, unless you are towing. Once you are going fast enough to have it locked down in overdrive it should pull hard and have plenty to pass. I do plan on having an override for special circumstances .You could use a kick down switch for a th400 chevy to downshift.
I think the biggest drawback with this system is that it will shift at the same mph at light throttle pressure as well as WOT . Rich

yeah thats gonna suck too unless joefarmer makes some inputs for TPS:D.

I will be running the Suncoast standalone controller and valve body in a few weeks :evil

Back