what brand of gooseneck

Love our corn pro trailer, we have over loaded it alot and its never had any issues at all.

i bought a 2010 20+5 golden trailer gooseneck @ the beginning of last years season. its corn pro's cheaper line. to me the trailers look identically built except for the tires. i cant complain at all for $5100 out the door

I 2nd C&B trailers, my boss has one that he hauls a 22k pound cat backhoe on and it is a very well built trailer

fat fingered using Tapatalk

I dont know who makes starlight trailers but they are nice in my opinion.
There is someone in the misc. stuff for sale section with a 40" for sale. I know you said 35" but didnt know.

Forgive my ignorance or lack of smarts to pay attention. The one for sale on here is a triple axle.

i bought a Badboy trailer, which is a rebadged Elite, and i am very pleased so far. 27'+5' with center pop up 22.5Gvw. bought brand new, guy met me in springfield, mo paid $7450

Here is my Elite, by far the best built GN I have ever towed. Although it is built to be a 20k trailer and the original buyer cheeped out and put 7k axles under it.

P9270112.jpg

P9270114.jpg

P9270115.jpg

If Jerry James builds their GN anywhere close to the way the build their BP I would look at one of them also. Prices are very reasonable also from them when buying direct. Here is a pic of my BP with 6k axles under it. I have had way more on it and it still tows great, definitely a overbuilt trailer.

P9270113.jpg

Agreed, but I bought it CHEAP, so I did not mind to much. Heck it will cost me more to put a pair of 10k under it than I paid for the trailer, so it is staying like it is and one day I will buy another with the correct axles.

I'm not really brand loyal. i like PJ's, Trail master and Load Max. I've got a buddy taht has a new 30ft PJ and hauls a 6030 Deere on it with cab and duals and weights. I don't know what the tractor weighes exactly but I know its at least 22k. Its still going after hauling that several times. I think so long as you get more wellknow name trailer you will probably be good to go. It when you start getting into the less known or cheaper made is when you start having problems.

We have a new 40' PJ with a beavertail, very nice trailer, sturdy, with tridem 12,000lbs axles. It's 10,500lbs unloaded.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my Elite, by far the best built GN I have ever towed. Although it is built to be a 20k trailer and the original buyer cheeped out and put 7k axles under it.

P9270112.jpg

P9270114.jpg

P9270115.jpg

If Jerry James builds their GN anywhere close to the way the build their BP I would look at one of them also. Prices are very reasonable also from them when buying direct. Here is a pic of my BP with 6k axles under it. I have had way more on it and it still tows great, definitely a overbuilt trailer.

P9270113.jpg

looks like my trailer, except i have dual tandemn 10k axles

I think most any brand that is a member of NATM association will be fine. I'm just a sucker for little things like steps, lights, chain spools, and other little misc chit that most folks don't think about. The only thing my new trailer don't have is 2 speed jacks....but it was on the lot and I just bought it. Got tired of shopping.

NATM Home

I wish I had jacks that weren't wore out. It's a struggle to crank a empty trailer up on the low side of the 2 speed. Thinking of building a electric over hydraulic scissor lift type thingy for it.

I talked with a Bulldog rep a while back about this. I think you can take a two speed jack replacement gear box assy and retro fit it to your existing shaft. I haven't ordered one yet, but I think it will work without replacing the jacks themselves. I have a pic in an email from the bulldog guy, but I don't see a pic on the net anywhere.

Replacement 2-Speed Gear Box Assembly for Bulldog Jacks Bulldog Accessories and Parts BD701480

The gear box is just the little side mounted doo-dad on this jack.

Bulldog 2-Speed Jack - Drop Leg w/ Non-Spring Return - Planetary - 12-1/2 Lift - 12,000 lbs Bulldog Trailer Jack BD183401

Last edited:
I have a 93 Cornpro 22+4 tandem sprung 7k with a deck over the hitch. Its been severely overloaded, with my 96 in front of it, gross was 36k. It needs paint and a new deck now, but the frame is still as strong as ever. I had 18k of deuce and a half on it last fall.