NewClutches.jpg

New clutches

Billetflexplate.jpg

New billet plate

TripleDisc.jpg

Billet converter

BilletConverter.jpg

FreshPaint.jpg

House color: bronze. Why bronze? Paraphrasing- "I chose it because it's what dried the fastest"

Finishingvalvebody.jpg

He moved so quick and i was so into the valvebody being built and the new billet shafts and packing everything back in i was slacking on my photography a bit so anyone who was hoping to see the inner workings, sorry that's my bad

Cleanfilter.jpg

Almost back together with a nice fresh filter

GoldNugget.jpg

The "Gold Nugget" ready to be installed

It was a great experience, and it was nice meeting everybody even if I was tired and not being very social haha

Here's the list of whats inside since you forgot to get pics.

Billet Input Shaft
Billet Output Shaft
Built Valve Body
Billet 4.4 Apply Lever
Billet Strut
Billet Anchor
Billet 2nd Gear Servo
Billet Accumulator Piston
Competition Master Kit
And a nice gentle spring for your Accumulator piston so you don't spill your Monster when cruising through town :)

Last edited:
I appreciate that accumulator spring change A LOT!!! And the gf still thinks it's too firm :hehe:

So just out of curiosity being I as well am in the hunt for a builder if I decide not to build it myself (parts cost), why did you decide on Firepunk?

Price, parts were good brands, and backing. He is cheaper than pretty much everybody else for the same trans, I recognized the parts he used, and he came highly recommended by several guys on here. And a small leap of faith lol But it's the best leap i've ever taken. I'm not a big name on here, but i'll stick my neck out and say if you PM Lavon or give him a call, you won't be disappointed. And i'll answer any ?'s i can for you about my build/install

Thanks for the honest reply! I'm glad this thread was started.
What does your warranty consist of?

Converter is lifetime and Lavon could be more specific about the warranty depending on how built you want your trans and whether you go with billet shafts or not. I wanna say mine is like one year parts (i've got billet input and output) and he'll cover any worksmanship problems for longer than that I bet. Give him a shout and he can be more accurate about that, but i know if something breaks and you weren't just being dumb with your trans, he'd work something out with you

2yr unlimited mileage warranty on the trans, lifetime warranty on converter. Competition only trucks are 100% workmanship warranty. For example, if you have a 1300hp pro street truck and you go run 9s, your clutches are going to need to be refreshed periodically regardless who builds your trans. We make sure our customers are taking care of. Also if you want a 3yr no questions asked warranty, you can buy the extended warranty, just get hold of me and well personalize your build to fit your needs.

Lavon

Thanks for the honest reply! I'm glad this thread was started.
Preciate the information guys.
X2! Always good to have options, especially when it comes to quality trans builders. Goerend, Sun Coast, Ultimate Transmission, Tim Barber, TRE, and Firepunk (I am kind of unsure who is who of those last three names and are some the same/combined?) are all the names I think of when I think of quality, reputable Dodge transmission builders.

Lavon has always seemed like a cool and extremely knowledgeable guy regarding transmissions (based on his posts here).

I would definitely consider getting a transmission built by Lavon if I get another Dodge.

Last edited:
Its about time you got that slush box rebuilt Mahoney!

Tim Barber is TRE. Lavon (Firepunk) gets all his parts from Tim and builds to TRE specs.

Thanks but I've already had mine built. If anybody else is still on the fence tho, don't let me stop you from asking ??'s or posting good/bad things about different trans guys, I'm just thoroughly content with Firepunk