What if...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any turbo gurus have a 2.6 part number in mind already? Same deal with exhaust housings as the 5500 class?

Any turbo gurus have a 2.6 part number in mind already? Same deal with exhaust housings as the 5500 class?

2.6 as in what, that's 66mm. Or a 80mm with a bushing, or clipped wheel with protrusion. I'm sure you know this but 2.6 can mean so many different things. I'm sure some 2.6 chargers out there will make more power than the s476 charger that was mentioned.

2.6 as in what, that's 66mm. Or a 80mm with a bushing, or clipped wheel with protrusion. I'm sure you know this but 2.6 can mean so many different things. I'm sure some 2.6 chargers out there will make more power than the s476 charger that was mentioned.

From what I understand the 2.6 class will be a box, unmodified turbo as well. I was just wondering if they have a part number in mind yet.

In Post 307, Rich says they will be spec chargers for both classes.

Last edited:
I would fit in a class like this a lot better, what about instead of a 2.6 we use a spec 467 and water only, kinda like the main event just a little heavier and a little smaller charger? We should be able to have a bunch of high-mid 10sec trucks.

If you allow nitrous theres just going to be a bunch of dual gated ghetto fogging going on. Not to mention the water will help EGTs.

Do you run an intercooler?

I really need it to be spring personally. And honestly that would give a lot of guys the chance to get there stuff figured out after Rudy's.

What about those who run a points series or are in UCC? It's a 1 off event it needs to be in the fall late october or early november imo.

Some of us don't. And we rely on water ONLY. When you said you only run water I assumed you probably ran an intercooler too. So no water rule sucks. Especially if nitrous is allowed. Kinda doesn't make sense honestly.

What about those who run a points series or are in UCC? It's a 1 off event it needs to be in the fall late october or early november imo.

I run ODSS points so I know what you mean. It's not easy to make those changes late in the year After a season of draining the account.

Let's get a head count and location on this who will race with the purposes rules.
I personally would and I like spring/ late winter like feb and will be coming from Ohio.

I'll be in Kuwait through at least the end of October. No way I can make anything happen in that timeframe.
I think it would be the right thing to do to check NHRDA, ODSS, etc schedules to make sure we don't cover up a points series. Unless it's NADM or whoever they are these days....phuck those guys. lol

Some of us don't. And we rely on water ONLY. When you said you only run water I assumed you probably ran an intercooler too. So no water rule sucks. Especially if nitrous is allowed. Kinda doesn't make sense honestly.
Water is allowed. NAWZ isnt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Same as running a .400 tree, leaving at the yellow flash. Any diesel truck unless deeped stage as hell won't red light, unless a flinch.
Not the same actually if only the green comes on with no yellow light then there isn't .4 sec to react. The only way you would ever red light is if you tried to anticipate and left early. Would be the same way they do it with a flashlight on Street Outlaws, but harder since you wouldn't have a person doing it and knowing when he was going to lit the flashlight.

Anything in Nov and you'll probably not get any West Coast guys do to potential bad weather.

A 2.6 turbo with nitrous will make an unlimited amount of horsepower. Dual gates wide open + 4 kits, I bet you could make 1800-2000hp. Be careful what you ask for.

Lavon

No dog in the fight.I'm following this thread and had a thought.Please excuse my ignorance if this seems dumb.

Wastegate(s) not allowed if running Nitrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back