What is a S465 rated for HP?

The off the shelf one is a 63.5mm compressor wheel, and it works pretty darn good. I think the guy that got third in ITPA in the 2.6 class ran one, and he was pushing the limits of his driveline.

I had a S465 with .9 turbine, regular wheel (not ETT) last year when i first p-pumped my truck. running a hamilton big stick cam, and 6 speed manual, it was fun to drive. you could be easy on the throttle and it wouldn't smoke as you ran thru the gears, but if you hammer down i had way too much fuel for it to clean up. it also would spool faster if you rolled into the throttle vs just smashing it.

it did 631hp on the dyno with no fine tuning, I had the dyno operator run it out to 4500 to see what it had up high, but between the stock head, and lack of air, the power took a bad nose dive around 3900.

I had a S465 with .9 turbine, regular wheel (not ETT) last year when i first p-pumped my truck. running a hamilton big stick cam, and 6 speed manual, it was fun to drive. you could be easy on the throttle and it wouldn't smoke as you ran thru the gears, but if you hammer down i had way too much fuel for it to clean up. it also would spool faster if you rolled into the throttle vs just smashing it.

it did 631hp on the dyno with no fine tuning, I had the dyno operator run it out to 4500 to see what it had up high, but between the stock head, and lack of air, the power took a bad nose dive around 3900.

I think the .9 housing is what kills it about 3900. The data on the logger shows drive pressure getting really high, with both a 2.8 and 3.0 wheel on the compressor.

i have no doubt, my current 2.8 charger has a 1.0 or 1.1 housing and it likes to run up to about 4500 before it seems to choke out.

Can somone explain to me how you balance your motor? Who does it? Does the motor have to be out of the truck? What does it cost? Thanks guys.

Can somone explain to me how you balance your motor? Who does it? Does the motor have to be out of the truck? What does it cost? Thanks guys.

it depends how in depth you wanna get on balancing...some just put a fluiddampner on and say its balanced...others take out the cranks, rods, etc and balance those as well

All the rotating assembly needs to come out.
Crank, Rods with pistons. Take to speed shop,
they will balance it for you.

i spun 5k last season on a stock un-balanced bottom end with just a fluidamper. ill be running this year the same way. hopefully next year i can afford to build a new motor which will be balanced and studded.

i would come off the line at 5k and turn anywhere from 3800-4600 down the track depending on conditions. it ran best when it was between 3800-4000rpms tho.

are you still seriously on this?

a 64-95mm compressor wheel IS NOT AN S465

the 65mm ett wheel flows around 75lb/min

bullseye 65-110 ett wheel flows around 90lb/min

if the 64-95 wheel is ett im going to guess around 70-74lb/min

if not 65-68lb/min

Ok so a good fluidamper will get me by for a season or two? Thanks

im not gonna tell you that, but i will say these motors seem to be tougher than most think.

just think of how many times you read threads on here of melted pistons, and guys with big power throwing rods out of the block etc. (many times due to bad tuning) I dont think i have ever read a thread on here where someone posted they chunked a bottom end due to spinning 5k coming off line?

a lot of the rpm related failures in pulling come from a broken driveline which leads to a huge spike in rpms, or runaways that skyrocket until the big boom.

im not gonna tell you that, but i will say these motors seem to be tougher than most think.

just think of how many times you read threads on here of melted pistons, and guys with big power throwing rods out of the block etc. (many times due to bad tuning) I dont think i have ever read a thread on here where someone posted they chunked a bottom end due to spinning 5k coming off line?

a lot of the rpm related failures in pulling come from a broken driveline which leads to a huge spike in rpms, or runaways that skyrocket until the big boom.

or a big ole shot of *nx*

i ran one for part of last season with a .9 housing and the truck really woke up once I put a larger housing on it.

for reference, it did 565 hp with Mach 4 injectors, never dyno'd it with my pullin' injectors though.

i ran one for part of last season with a .9 housing and the truck really woke up once I put a larger housing on it.

for reference, it did 565 hp with Mach 4 injectors, never dyno'd it with my pullin' injectors though.

what housing did you swap to? I have TJ's old s465 with a .9 and I hoping that a 50mm wastegate will solve the small housing restriction for me :D