What size injector would be better?

powrchoke

hay guys i just wanna run this question by some of yall before i get a set, soon i will be running a 64 or 62mm turbo probably will be 64/71/14 thats what im wanting and im wondering if a set of 5x.014s or 5x.016s will run better with that turbo

I have seen trucks roll 600hp on 5x.012 also. Depends a lot on who is tuning the pump.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain what kind of "tuning" is done on a P-pump that effects peak HP numbers besides rack travel and timing :confused:

ok, so since most guys might not want to have to pull their pump and have it benched, it's easier to just go a little bigger on the injectors and make the power more easily IMO

Sorry, didn't mean to sound mysterious. I just was implying that with the pump set-up correctly it can be done. NOT stock and a set of 5x.012's.

I have a set of DDP3's in the F.S. section an are super clean when I ran my 64

ok, so since most guys might not want to have to pull their pump and have it benched, it's easier to just go a little bigger on the injectors and make the power more easily IMO

i agree with this which is why i want to run a set of 5x16s in my 180 pump but are these to big for a 64 i may even end up running a 65

my 5x16's were a bit smokey/hazy... not horrible, but not NEAR as clean as the 5x14's, but the 5x16's definately ran harder!

I ran a 62 with all of these :)

thats what i was planning on gettin are the ii chargers pretty good or is their a better choice i had just planned on getting one from on here i will be running some .016s should i go with used ones off here as well or would it be smarter for me to call a shop that builds them i was thinking about going with scheid or southern extreme diesel are these good choices

the .016's were a little hazy just driving around, but Dave Braunig picked up 4mph in the 1/4 when I traded him my DDP4's (5x14's) for his Dragon Flow 5x16's, and I could definately tell a difference when I put the bigger sticks in my 98

it actually didn't get insanely hot as quick as you might think, but the DDP4's were definately cleaner and cooler.

I really liked the 5x16's, but got tired of hazing everywhere unless I drove like an old woman

ok thanks ill keep it in mind since you were running those on a 62 and il be running them on a 64 do you think that will clear up some of the haze not a huge issue about driving like an old lady i do that with my setup now but here soon i should be using something else as a daily driver

nah, with a slower spooling turbo, it might be a little worse actually, but it really wasn't horrible, I was just tired of it w/ my daily

Back