What steering box do ya'll recommend?

4x4dually

Tired of wandering down the road. I might get my steering box swapped out at the same time as the turbo. Any steering box brands to avoid or good ones you guys have experience with for a 2009 Dodge 3500?

Redhead or Bluetop (used to work at redhead)

Add the stabilizer brace at the same timeif you hevent already. Some of what is perceived as play, is actually the box itself moving.

No personal experience with this gear, but it looks like a beast...

I think I need new high pressure lines as well. I know the lining inside one of them has broken loose. I can hear it hiss when I turn to the right.

There may be a company that makes a stabilizer for the big 6 bolt boxes, but I just had my Solid Steel Ind. Brace cut and just use it to strengthen the frame horns.

Well that's a deathtrap
I removed some loose pieces of inner liner like 10 years ago. I just talked to my diesel guy, Trent Burke @ Titanium Diesel in Blackwell, OK. He's most likely going to order me a PCS and an entire new hose kit to replace it all.

Have you thrown the bushing spacers in the steering shaft under that dash yet?
I know nothing of which you speak of....Sir. All I know is that this truck is like steering a drunk cat down the road.

I guess I've been lucky. I put synergy and thuren catalog on the front and mine drives fine. I'll do a 6 bolt upgrade when it's time and a 4th gen pump.

I guess I've been lucky. I put synergy and thuren catalog on the front and mine drives fine. I'll do a 6 bolt upgrade when it's time and a 4th gen pump.
I've replaced almost everything up front with Mopar OEM components about 5000 miles ago. Track bar, ball joints, tie rods w/ends, steering stabilizer, et all. Only thing remaining is the gear box. That HAS to be the issue....right?

Here you are. I’m not saying this is your issue but while you’re fixing other issues I’d go ahead and slap them in. Took me like a whole 2 minutes and I think most of that was probably looking for my hammer lol

Whale schit, dude!!! That looks like something that should be easy to check on. I'll try to look into that tonight! Thanks for the post. That might save me a quite a bit of cash.

I've replaced almost everything up front with Mopar OEM components about 5000 miles ago. Track bar, ball joints, tie rods w/ends, steering stabilizer, et all. Only thing remaining is the gear box. That HAS to be the issue....right?
You wasted your money on Mopar garbage. My Mopar steering lasted 15k miles. Everything I have now is greasable.

Red head is trash, the upgraded Mopar box or PSC.

I put the Mopar kit 68170214AB on my truck about 14 years ago and that has been one of the best mods I have done. Steering is still super tight like a new truck. I still have the stock pump. Flush it with fresh ATF+4 when you do the install.

Second would be the PSC box. It looks just like the Mopar box except has a smaller sector shaft so it uses the stock pitman arm. The Mopar box has a much larger sector shaft and will use a different pitman arm (4th gen I believe) I put a PSC box on a friends truck and it works great.

Either of those will work great, and I would also put the upgraded Mopar T-style steering components (drag link and tie rod).

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/mopr-steering-linkage-upgrade-t-style-52122362/steering-linkage

Jory, you only need good steering once you get that big turbo on there 😂...jk safety is paramount

That's the only draw back to the older stuff, you can make them run good or like you need them to, but they won't beat the new models stearing, suspension, and brakes (mostly talking 94-2002 and eariler). What year is yours? Pre 09? There was some factory improvements in 09.