what transfercase?

241 DHD... HD stands for heavy duty and dld stands for light duty.

Lavon

if its not street driven and you want the strongest thing you can get find a ford np205 put the profab gear kit in it and get an adapter form advance adapters. the only problem is it will not work in a street truck as the transfer case will only have 4lo. but you will not break it.

I think they are same NV271 or 273, difference is between manual and automatic

the difference between the 271 and 273 is the 271 is the manual shift and the 273 is the electronic shift. you have to make sure that the transfer case has the same input shaft splines. the manual transmission and automatic transmissions have a different spline count on the output shaft.

The 241DHD is pretty stout and will probably work for what you’re trying to do. IMO if you’re looking for something a little stronger and still be able to keep it on the street then upgrade to the 271, it does bolt right up but you may have to shorten the driveline slightly if there isn’t enough room on the slip yoke, this varies between trucks I know guy’s who didn’t have to, and some who did. Not sure of the price difference between the 241 and the 271 but if it’s close again I would opt for the 271.

BBD

The DHD241 have been very proven in the pulling world. Guys were running them in 3.0 trucks pushing well over 1000HP. I have seen more 5 speeds give up than the DHD.

The DHD241 have been very proven in the pulling world. Guys were running them in 3.0 trucks pushing well over 1000HP. I have seen more 5 speeds give up than the DHD.

I better step up then LOL:hehe:.
Brandon

I agree with you 100%. I might accually be running a 241dhd in my 3.0 truck this year and am not really worrined about it. But the np205 are stronger but i think for pulling they might not be needed.

Also I got a NP-205 out of a 4-speed old ford if u want that $100 it is yours.
Brandon

Is it a built one? I know you can get some better internal parts for them now, I think through Blumenthal and others I am sure.

BBD

Just stock Scott, I have 00000 dollars after my build for this year I was lucky to find a smokin deal for 1 or I would have been in trouble :(.
Branodn

The 205 may be tough in some circles but I have seen them broke with a very weak truck pulling.

I agree with you 100%. I might accually be running a 241dhd in my 3.0 truck this year and am not really worrined about it. But the np205 are stronger but i think for pulling they might not be needed.

i disagree there is a 6200lbs gas class here and they usually tear up at least one a week. i see no comparison between it and the 241dhd. if you break the 241 you were having driving failure or probably bouncing, i have yet to see one break.

The 205 may be tough in some circles but I have seen them broke with a very weak truck pulling.

I agree!!! The rear out put on 205's are weak and when ya put some power to them the gears tend to clime and splits the case. Iv had a lot of trouble with them over the years!!! My biggest problem was the out put being weak.

Back