what transfercase?

where did you get yours brandon...... I think you took the one I was gonna get, damn you it was a great deal to.

where did you get yours brandon...... I think you took the one I was gonna get, damn you it was a great deal to.

No, I had to talk this guy into selling it he had it ready to bolt in his dually I was like come on buddy I got a DLD I will swap ya and toss ya a few bucks ;). He was out of Indy.
Brandon

oh there was one in mason,ohio for 300bucks on craigslists... i called that day and he was like I just sold it. I was mad.

If you switch to a stock 205 then you're dealing with 1.96 gearing instead of 2.72 i believe.

205 with a profab kit has stood up in one 3.0 truck with the only failure coming from an error in assembly. Since then, it's held up fine. Like stated, the problem is that it'll only have 4LO and not be selectable.

c-ya

205 with a profab kit has stood up in one 3.0 truck with the only failure coming from an error in assembly. Since then, it's held up fine. Like stated, the problem is that it'll only have 4LO and not be selectable.

c-ya

What does the profab kit cost??? From what iv seen, profab stuff isn't cheep! Its probly as much as a 241 HD :hehe:

Also what ratio is the profab 4lo?

Not to steal the thread, but are the 241 transfer cases off the mid 90's chevy trucks the same as our dodge trucks?

Is the dld to dhd a direct swap including driveshafts
No, The output shaft on the DHD is much bigger. Gonna need a slip yoke for the DHD. I bought a DHD yesterday to replace my DLD and swapped out my D70 for a D80. I`m gonna need to shorten my shaft because of the 70 to 80 swap so im gonna just build an all new shaft with the bigger slip yoke and 1480 joints.

So will a ford NV 271 or 273 from a 4r100 bolt up to a 47rh?

Thanks Adam

You need to swap the input shaft. I've done it on both my trucks. The 2001 has a 271, the Excursion has a 273. The front driveshaft becomes 1/2" shorter from what I remember (my slip yoke had room on my 01 but it isn't a stock piece either). I've got a spare 271 in the garage if someone needs one.

I broke a 241DHD with around 600 hp no bouncing... There is a reason the 241DHD's survive on high hp pulling trucks... higher rpm and steep axle gears...

For rpm limited trucks, stock gearing, or larger tires 241DHD can and will break.

The difference in shaft sizes between the two is amazing, I've got a pic on photobucket but I can't get to it from work.

You need to swap the input shaft. I've done it on both my trucks. The 2001 has a 271, the Excursion has a 273. The front driveshaft becomes 1/2" shorter from what I remember (my slip yoke had room on my 01 but it isn't a stock piece either). I've got a spare 271 in the garage if someone needs one.

I broke a 241DHD with around 600 hp no bouncing... There is a reason the 241DHD's survive on high hp pulling trucks... higher rpm and steep axle gears...

For rpm limited trucks, stock gearing, or larger tires 241DHD can and will break.

The difference in shaft sizes between the two is amazing, I've got a pic on photobucket but I can't get to it from work.

It surely helps, but I know a few trucks that have enough HP to wipe out D80's and were running 3.54's and the DHD held up fine. The 271 seems to be working well for people. I was a little skeptical about it, but it does seem to be a good route to go. Kind of like everyone was so impressed by the NV5600, but many have realized with a few slightly upgraded parts the NV4500 will take more abuse than the NV5600.

thanks for the info where is a good place to get a new input? What are the spline counts?... old to new?

I've got a used input shaft that you would need for an auto tranny. The manual ones are harder to come by. Off hand I can't remember the spline counts, maybe 19 for an auto and 29 for a manual? Someone will chime in...

Call Vern at www.transfercaseexpress.com a call, he can hook you up.

Looked in my book, it's a 23 spline for the 47RE or 48RE. 29 spline for the manual. Auto input shaft is about $150 new from Dodge, $75 used. You will also need the front oil seal as you ruin the stock one removing it. I think you will need the little bearing that fits inside the input shaft for the mainshaft to ride on as well.

Here's a pic of the differences...

DSC01404.jpg

Back