What turbo would be good?

greenbeast

HEUI Dinosaur
A friend of mine is going to put a set of 250hp tips he says he found on line. Right now he has 150 jammer tips and stock turbo, I am wondering what turbo would be a good one for those large injectors? Also on a side note, he has a edge comp box and says he is going to get a smarty, Is this a good combo? We are looking for 600 hp.

I see that those injectors might be a little much after reading a little more on these dodges. Would he be able to make 600 with a turbo upgrade and a smarty? He also has a fass pump already.

With a big enough turbo maybe, but it won't been very streetable. The smarty won't add much to the comp for the money, just get the hot unlock.

Automatic or Standard trans...?

I've seen MAch 7's run fairly well with a 66/71-14 charger.... however it did not reach the 600 mark. Came close butt missed by 20hp on fuel only

You can run them with only a silver bullet, seen it done. But it will get hot! I also know i guy that lost power with a smarty and comp box.

So like a phatshaft 64 or 66 turbo would be a good one? Im not up on turbos but I am trying to learn. It has a built suncoast and triple disc converter. http://www.industrialinjection.com/id42.html Would the 150hp injectors spool the 66? If not what injector would it take to spool but not get so hot.

150's won't spool a 66 very well, 200hp injectors at least would be better, or a 64 instead. II makes great chargers IMO, others would agree. I think a good set 200hp sticks and a SPS66 would be a wicked combo and 600hp capable maybe, but no fun on the street. It would be laggy on spoolup and smoke like hell.....

On a side note the fellow that I bought my jammer 4's from(125hp) had trouble gettin them to light a II 64.

150's won't spool a 66 very well, 200hp injectors at least would be better, or a 64 instead. II makes great chargers IMO, others would agree. I think a good set 200hp sticks and a SPS66 would be a wicked combo and 600hp capable maybe, but no fun on the street. It would be laggy on spoolup and smoke like hell.....

Why not stick with the 150's, get a super 62 charger and be able to handle 500-550 hp with decent street manners =P

Ditto. My 150s and 64/71-14 is pretty laggy and smokey, but I can control it. If your trying to hot rod the truck around town then a 64mm turbo or bigger is not a good idea.

If wanting to stay with a single and get around 600hp. My setup would be a silver bullet 66 and a set of F-1 Mach 6's-6+'s

Brett

If wanting to stay with a single and get around 600hp. My setup would be a silver bullet 66 and a set of F-1 Mach 6's-6+'s

Brett

That's my current set up and goal, I have a Adrenaline and a Comp to dyno. I'll see which one of the two comes out on top.

You could run a II SPS 62/14 but it may get just tad hot, you'd have to watch it. Twins would be the answer you are looking for thought. $.02

Well he bought a phat shaft 62. Hopefully he gets over 500hp with it, I guess we will see. Twins would have great though. He ordered it without talking to me or he could have had those twins and been able to put the fuel to it then.

Another question would be will he need studs? I would think so but he says he will just wait for it to let go then upgrade if needed.

he's definitely gonna need studs and it's going to be much better if he takes care of it now as oppose to waiting for it to go boom! both $$$$$ and time wise

It says on industrial's web site that the waste gate is set at 40 psi so you don't need studs. I'm sure you need to adjust the gate if you want to get the full capability of the turbo, right?:poke:

Yes you can adjust the wastegate a few pounds higher to the nest results. At the least retorque the stock bolts and dont run it hard until it has warmed up first.