What Wire

Twisted Shifter

I am moving my batteries to the bed of my truck. What gauge wire do I need to use? I have 25ft of brand new 4ga tined wire. Will this be heavy enough?

That will work for the alternator but you will need much heavier for the starter.

So what guage wire should I run from the battery to the engine bay. What i was thinking. Is run a Hot and a Ground to the spot that the attery is now and simply have the hot and ground post? I have never done this so I am learning.

I used 4 guage on my Ranger when I rewired it back in the day, but it was 1000 strand power wire for stereo installation. So it was designed to care a bigger load. I wouldn't think you would have to go bigger than 2 guage, but I think 4 would work if its good wire. Though, the longer the cable the more current you'll lose to resistance. Hopefully someone with some proper education on this subject will show up .....

0 is what you want.

or just go to you're local welding supplies store and get welding leads, will work also.

sure ain't gonna be cheap doing it either. My neighbor was doing up his semi and he used 0 and it was over 250 dollars.

pretty sure you need 2 hots going forward. one goes from batt. bank to alt. for charging (4 ga. min). Then you will need a line directly to the starter at a min. of 0 but really should use 00.

I ran 2/0 welding wire for the + and - and have (2) 8-D's in the bed for winter time

I guess my question is this.... Can I run 1 0 or 00 up to the engine bay, and then split off from that or do I run a hot straight to the battery and then another up to the engine bay to split off of..... I apologize if I sound stupid, but I have not taken the time to look at it in detail yet.

Thank you