What would be the first thing u would do to a stock 6.0??

C'mon guys, try and be nice. You know your just jealous of the interior.

Exhaust and Custom Tuned SCT. Then pray on the headgaskets, egr delete and coolant filter.

C'mon guys, try and be nice. You know your just jealous of the interior.

Exhaust and Custom Tuned SCT. Then pray on the headgaskets, egr delete and coolant filter.

Whs^^^

The 05-07 are good right off to tune and play with. The ones to worry about are the 03-04 due to different head bolts and few other items.

iPhone Tapatalk addiction

Get rid of it one way or another.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

EGR delete, rebuild oil cooler, gauges, turbo back exhaust and misplace the cat, tune it and drive the hell out of it. Also start saving for injectors, Air Dogg, twins, or a 5.9 Cummins conversion.

Save all the money you'll dump in the 6.0 by investing in a cummins swap right now. Pay now or pay later...in the end pay later always costs more, just ask any ex 6.0 owner that did a cummins swap!

op asked what I would do, I answered. he does what you asked, and blows it up, who does op think is a schmuck?

If there is one thing I have learned in the three years of owning my truck. It's if it's going to break it's going to follow the "Go big or go home" mantra. I will tell you this much though after my latest dealer experience, I will most likely not be buying another Ford.

EGR delete, rebuild oil cooler, gauges, turbo back exhaust and misplace the cat, tune it and drive the hell out of it. Also start saving for injectors, Air Dogg, twins, or a 5.9 Cummins conversion.

Add head studs to the first priorities

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

They stay together fairly well without any power adders if the heads are studded, egr delete, new oil cooler, and other upgraded parts. The injectors and IPR seem to live with Motorcraft oil filters and Rev-X oil additive. However, the HPOP is a ticking timebomb. I'll pass.

Full egr delete with new up pipe, Conservative SCT tune, CCV reroute, cat delete. Then leave it the hell alone.
If it is a manual, get an aftermarket clutch and get rid of the dual mass flywheel. When the DMF goes out there is a good possibility of losing the oil pump. I've had two in the shop in the last 6 months with busted oil pump and front cover due to failed DMFs.

Last edited:
1. full EGR delete including the valve and cooler.
2. Studs
3. CCV mod
4. SCT tuner

Keep the power levels below 500 hp. and it will stay together fairly well. Def. run a good synthetic oil to keep the injectors healthy and keep at least a 5,000 mile oil change schedule. Try going past 450-500hp. and it's not going to live very long. And anyone who says a swap is cheaper than mildly modding a 6.0 is living in a fantasy world. And do not get all caught up in perceived horsepower. When my 6.0 was making 425-450 hp. I could easily put 3 lengths on a 05 dudge that made over 600 on a few local dynos.

I have been running IDP's Extreme Street tune in my truck most of this year and it's been great and the only reason I took it out is because it's a handful to drive in the snow with that tune in it. My truck has 174k on it and the only thing that's been done to the motor is two injectors an EGR delete and a FICM. I have also since switched to using 15W-40 and changing my oil every 5k and the truck has been great other than the dealer having my truck for most of this week for a non engine related issue. I also blew the turbo boot off pulling a grade with our 5er behind the truck but that was my fault for pushing the truck to hard, the stock clamps don't seem to like 32#'s of boost for some reason.

Drive it to a dealership that has NEVER seen you, and will NEVER see you again.....and trade it in. lol

If you HAVE to keep it....start buying conversion parts for it. (seriously)

Convert it to a common rail 5.9 when it finally lets go.....it's only a matter of time.lol