What would be the first thing u would do to a stock 6.0??

Egr delete , headstuds then watch it blow up and wonder why you wasted your money. You will have lots of time to think while you are pulling your cab to work on it. I travel a interstate with a long hill and have seen many getting towed from there . It is a money pit ,dump it.

Power stroke turns fuel into smoke with out horsepower. Kinda like a harley turns fuel into noise without horsepower. The common ground between the two over priced no reliability.

Sell engine while it is running and still worth something. Buy a 6.9 IDI, swap it in.

Save all the money you'll dump in the 6.0 by investing in a cummins swap right now. Pay now or pay later...in the end pay later always costs more, just ask any ex 6.0 owner that did a cummins swap!

I can relate Lee! Cummins mod was the best money spent on my 6.0 F350.

Its not all that common to see a 6.0 grenaded. Lifted heads of course.

Right now mine has 100 more miles to go before it hits 200k, I run a SCT 65 tow tune mostly but I run the preformance tune when I dont have work with no problems. The only other thing it has is the exhaust. I had to put 4 injectors in it but they were the originals that were in it when I got it, the other side will get changed when we pull the cab for deletes, studs, and external oil cooler and other experiments.

Personally I like my 6.0. They deffinatly dont pull like a Cummins but they run like a strapped ass ape.

you guys are all assholes, i have an 03 with 150,000 miles on it, EGR delete, new oil cooler, Banks power PDA, MBRP turbo back 4 inch straight pipe, s&b stage 2 intake, 6 inch lift on 37s, and the only prob iv really had is a bad fuel pump, i dont car what you have, tites to tires you will allways be spending money, vehicles being number 1, always gonna be a money pit

dont mean to derail ur thread. but i have a buddy with a 6L and the headgaskets just went out of it. i told him about the sinister bulletproof kit for 1300 bucks that comes with gaskets, egr delete studs and all the ****, but i was wondering if he NEEDS a programmer to shut off the egr. or will it just throw a code and be alright to drive? i told him about the sct tuner if he needs it for the truck to run.

they are dodge people....lol what do you expect.

I'm not, I hate Dodge trucks! Just took me a while to see the light after spending tons of money on 7.3's and 6.0's. I BUILT the best truck money can build, my SuperDuty with a Cummins.

I'm not, I hate Dodge trucks! Just took me a while to see the light after spending tons of money on 7.3's and 6.0's. I BUILT the best truck money can build, my SuperDuty with a Cummins.

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

facebook-like-button-300x201.jpg

dont mean to derail ur thread. but i have a buddy with a 6L and the headgaskets just went out of it. i told him about the sinister bulletproof kit for 1300 bucks that comes with gaskets, egr delete studs and all the ****, but i was wondering if he NEEDS a programmer to shut off the egr. or will it just throw a code and be alright to drive? i told him about the sct tuner if he needs it for the truck to run.

This kit is aight but if he dont have the heads reworked he will be pissing money away and pulling the heads right back off.

I dont remeber what gaskets this kit uses, OEM Fords gaskets are the only way to go. The Black Onyx are junk.

This kit is aight but if he dont have the heads reworked he will be pissing money away and pulling the heads right back off.

I dont remeber what gaskets this kit uses, OEM Fords gaskets are the only way to go. The Black Onyx are junk.

X2! Check for cracks also.

you guys are all assholes, i have an 03 with 150,000 miles on it, EGR delete, new oil cooler, Banks power PDA, MBRP turbo back 4 inch straight pipe, s&b stage 2 intake, 6 inch lift on 37s, and the only prob iv really had is a bad fuel pump, i dont car what you have, tites to tires you will allways be spending money, vehicles being number 1, always gonna be a money pit

Relax, Dodge guys are Dodge guys. They've got an engine and that's it, Dodge forgot to build the rest of the truck,so they are a little up tight about it. LOL

the heads will be plained and pressure checked when apart. but wut i would like to know is does he NEED a programmer to run the truck after the kit is all installed with the egr delete?? thanks

No. He won't. He will only need it to get rid of the CEL if he has an 05^ truck.

awesome thats wut i thought i just wanted to make sure before its all tore apart.
thanks

Its possible that any 6.0 will throw a code for EGR deletes. 03-04 normally dont do it but i have seen it. Make sure when you have it tore apart go ahead and rebuild the oil cooler and put the updated HPOP screen on. Save you some teardown time later.

i have an 03 and the delete code comes up on my banks tuner but there is no check engine light, if the light comes on just keep the egr valve pluged in and zip tie it to something so it doesnt bounce around

Amazing how some folks respond to the 6.0L. I realize the thread is a little old, however there is something that hasn't been addressed yet.

The first thing any 6.0L owner needs is a monitor solution (ScangaugeII or Edge Insight CS/CTS). Everything else can be addressed on a need-arises basis.

Coolant Filter is an easy enough installation that follows the monitor.

Tunes via an SCT tuner come next for power and fuel economy, basing tune selection on weather you've studded or not.

First time you have to tear into it for the oil cooler, that's also when you swap coolant to a silicate-free (EC-1 rated) coolant, solve your EGR cooler (block, delete, or upgrade - all just as effective at preventing HG failures), and determine weather to run an external air-to-oil cooler. At this time solve all of your MY weaknesses (STC fitting, turbo oil lines, stand pipes and plugs, ect.)

Studs are a great upgrade, and I'm not selling them short, but they aren't required for a reliable 6.0L. When that job is done however, use OEM gaskets and ARP's turque spec. Ensure you have those heads checked by a machine shop, even if you are buying new heads from Ford.

Back