Whats happening on your new pistons?

IMG00850-20120322-1530.jpg

The first article is done. I should be getting the 12 v versions any time.

I'm waiting on your 24 valve version as I need to rebuild mine since the 53 cracked.

2005-01-01_061742.jpg

As usual the manufacturer is behind schedule. That's pretty much the norm for manufacturing.

The 12v pistons are getting finished up as we speak. Here is a picture of the lower compression one with the larger bowl. This is a new endeavor for us and the performance side is new fo rour manufacturer, that is why it is taking so long. We want to go over all the details to get these right.

I wish something like these were available on the market now, but there is not, that is why we are doing what we are doing. THey may not be perfect out of the box but we will keep messing with them until they are.

One of the things we are waiting for is quotes on coating. Would any of you be interested in ceramic crown coatings?

Zach

2005-01-01_061742.jpg

As usual the manufacturer is behind schedule. That's pretty much the norm for manufacturing.

The 12v pistons are getting finished up as we speak. Here is a picture of the lower compression one with the larger bowl. This is a new endeavor for us and the performance side is new fo rour manufacturer, that is why it is taking so long. We want to go over all the details to get these right.

I wish something like these were available on the market now, but there is not, that is why we are doing what we are doing. THey may not be perfect out of the box but we will keep messing with them until they are.

One of the things we are waiting for is quotes on coating. Would any of you be interested in ceramic crown coatings?

Zach

I like the option of ceramic coating the crowns. As long as only a quality coating is provided. Someone like Swain Tech, it is expensive but a sub par coating will only give your pistons a bad name.

Any news on these and the high compression ones for the 24 valve?

Keep the info coming! Coating is a no brainer make it standard bowl and skirts! 24v CR in standard and .20 ,.40 over would sell like hot cakes make a pakage deal with a cam and your golden!

Looking for a tester for the new 12v pistons. They are .020" over and are 19.7:1 compression ratio. Post up a list of your mods for consideration.

Are you looking for a high performance application or more daily driver oriented?

Looking for somone with a single turbo, conservative injectors 5x14 or smaller, s-300 turbo and of course 12v.

If only I needed a rebuild.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

I will have that set up.

5x12, s366, 5 speed and your 188/220 cam. Let me know engine is apart right now will be back together in two weeks

Jared

Last edited:
Looking for a tester for the new 12v pistons. They are .020" over and are 19.7:1 compression ratio. Post up a list of your mods for consideration.

bored .020 over block, shot peened rods, soon to be balanced, 68mm over 91mm compounds, 5X20 or 5X24 ii injectors, 13mm pump from ii flowed just over 900cc's, 120 DV holders and lines, new full port and polished head w/larger valves, twin ram style intake, electric H2O pump, dual FASS pumps set at 90psi, and a trans to hold it all....old set up did 993hp at ATS

let me know i am starting to shop around now for pistons as i liquefied my old engine attempting to sled pull lol

new block is sitting at the machine shop waiting for pistons to finnish the balancing so i can start final assembly

Got my engine that I just tore down. Getting ready to rebuild. 5X12 injectors, s362, and all stock minus some free pump mods. would be willing to upgrade cam while its tore down.

Lance,

I would say that you are in need of a forged piston, Sounds like a sick build! We also have some that are going to be around 18.1 with larger bowls and .160" fly-cuts, those will be another month or so, but those might work for you.

On the rest, post up your mods. I will pick the top 5 that I am considering and put their names in a hat and choose. If you get them, you cannot sell them, you have to install and give me before and after data, or send them back. If you have any before dyno data, you will be given priority.

Zach

i have all the before data your looking for

let me know if you need a "tester" for the other pistons when those come available

I have the dyno sheet from my last pulls with my conversion. Can get them and send them to you. Will have the same dyno to compare with also.

I just blew a HG. LOL Unfortunately, I don't wanna tear the whole engine down. I am gonna call you tomorrow Zach.

Sounds like you are fitting our half ton perfectly. New 188/220 with your springs, pushrods and new tappets. SPS 62, 4" intercooler, 160 pump but still looking for a small set of sticks. Currently has 215 stock injectors in it. 48re with a pcs standalone. All of this in an 03 1500 RCSB 2wd. When the pcs gets lined out it is going to the rollers. This is not built for a race truck, just a strong weekend warrior. Comfortable ride that all of the creature comforts including the cruise control functions properly.