whats the best tire to use

For a strict puller go with some 36x14.50 sts( I'll second that they wear like crap on the street.)But they will break parts too.
Claws work ok They don't grab as much as you think., Unless aired down
some.
Boggers that are worn way down are actually pretty good.
But every tracl is different so its really hard to say.

For a strict puller go with some 36x14.50 sts( I'll second that they wear like crap on the street.)But they will break parts too.
Claws work ok They don't grab as much as you think., Unless aired down
some.
Boggers that are worn way down are actually pretty good.
But every tracl is different so its really hard to say.

Will he have the power........:rules:
Brandon

IMHO if your going to run STSs go with something smaller than 36". The extra roll out spreads your gears out even more and the leverage they have is murder on axles and driveline. 33s are plenty for most. They had enough grip to shear my output shaft off.

IMHO if your going to run STSs go with something smaller than 36". The extra roll out spreads your gears out even more and the leverage they have is murder on axles and driveline. 33s are plenty for most. They had enough grip to shear my output shaft off.

Come on, now is not the time to sis out JOHNBOY :hehe::hehe:.
Brandon

Come on, now is not the time to sis out JOHNBOY :hehe::hehe:.
Brandon

I did not sis out. :hehe: My output shaft well thats another story.:bang

Milby rolls on 36"s IIRC. But he has more motor than any 2.6" truck I have ever seen.

Attachments

• Output shaft 1.jpg
    Output shaft 1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Output shaft 2.jpg
    Output shaft 2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 20
im going to run 33x15.50x16 claws on 14 inch wide bead locks when im in florida......hopefully they will do ok when i come back to ohio to run.......

I did not sis out. :hehe: My output shaft well thats another story.:bang

Milby rolls on 36"s IIRC. But he has more motor than any 2.6" truck I have ever seen.

Why are you cutting your output shaft in 2 pieces and then polishing the pieces? :hehe:

Thats not suprising look at his trac record sence what 02 ???

Brandon I would do the 35s/6 with either 14 or 15 but on a 18 in rim it spreads them better , just like the big boys with Cpeks , if u can get the power :poke:

What about the Mickey thompson claws? Does anybody run them anymore?. Tim

I run 33-12:50-17 mickey thompson baja claws in the front aired down on 17x10" wheels. In the back I run dual pro comp all terrain almost bald in the center and 3/4 tread on the rest of the tire. Hard track I only change the front tires to a/t's. Claws in the back have never worked for me on any track.

my buddy just started to run mickey thompsn mud terrains, not the baja claws. hes running a 385/50/18 which is about a 33/15.50/r18. its damn near as big a a modified cut pullin tire. Picked up at least 10 mph everywhere hes been since the swap

We have tried alot of tires and had the best luck with the STS's. BFG A/T work well on a relatively stock truck but once you get up in the power the just don't have the bite you need. TOYO M/T's have to much and will just make you hop. TOYO A/T's are less aggressive then the BFG's and are useless.

The STS do wear like sh*t on the street though.

i run the mickey thompson baja ATZ they work really good and wear good on the street

toyo mts got me the atpa modified class championship lol but i was only pulling against like 7 other trucks lol

General grabber AT2s. Very similar to the BFG ATs but softer with alot more cyping. Very consistant with the STS tires this year and WAY cheaper.

my buddy just started to run mickey thompsn mud terrains, not the baja claws. hes running a 385/50/18 which is about a 33/15.50/r18. its damn near as big a a modified cut pullin tire. Picked up at least 10 mph everywhere hes been since the swap

I ran the same size as that 385/50/18 But i ran Atz and i picked up 10 mph but broke 2nd gear. Who is your buddy? Ron by chance.

Them tires looked awesome but man I think going one season on them you be breaking more than you can fix but maybe not??

There isn't a one tire fits all. Run lots of loose tracks, then the STS will be king. Good hard pack tacky clay tracks, look at a BFG AT or possibly the MT.
I would like two sets. STS, and then the AT. If you can have one set, I still got for an AT.