Whats the problem??

x MadMAX DIESEL

Okay guys help me figure this thing out

The truck is more powerful at half throttle than full.

Gets p0087 (low rail pressure) only when I hit about 100 mph though, otherwise I never really get it

The frpv is shimmed and that is not leaking.

Boost Spikes 30 but holds at 27psi.

Balance rates are all in GM spec.

Smoke does not clear up as much as it should.

Feels faster in 4x4 than 2x4, idk why?

I can feel my tc start to slip at about 2000 rpm.

What would you guys think is the problem? Injectors? Injection pump? Trans?

I've never had any trans dtc pop up, ever.. Could my tc slipping cause all of these problems? Not loading the truck enough to get full boost?

Last edited:
Can't seem to figure out how to edit this post??
Owell the 27 psi boost is only in 6th gear fwiw... lower gears hold 22->24> then finally 27

The truck acted this way with a quadzilla, and mp8 before I switched to efi live. Even had a ppe boost controller and couldn't hit past 25 psi with that cranked up all the way

My truck did the same thing,, but I didnt have the patience to fool with it, so I got rid of it.. But that was only with the edge evolution, and since gm changed the tranny on warranty... so it might be related to the tranny??

just like above what the rail pressure at wot and half throttle, it could be getting alot of fuel to it at half throttle making it run strong then wot it is draining the rail and not holding making you lose power.

Im not completely sure as I have never logged a run.... But the other night I was crusin around thought Id hammer down. I always keep the old stealth 2 in the truck. This may be off because I was trying to drive and watch the S2 at the same time but the highest it commanded was 29k..

IIRC 21-22k set the 87 code as I let off at about 100mph, and was commanding 26k at that point.

Diffenetly send a log to your tuner. He should be able to look at it and see where your problem(s) lay.

Im not completely sure as I have never logged a run.... But the other night I was crusin around thought Id hammer down. I always keep the old stealth 2 in the truck. This may be off because I was trying to drive and watch the S2 at the same time but the highest it commanded was 29k..

IIRC 21-22k set the 87 code as I let off at about 100mph, and was commanding 26k at that point.

why are you here asking for help? LOL