Which programer is the best for my Cummins

SpyderTB

Red Owl
Hey whats up im new to this but i just got a 03 2500 cummins and am looking for a good downloader/programer for my truck i have already ordered a full guage kit for it, it should be coming in this week. I have been reading up on tuning my engine and so far i think i may go with the diablo sport Preator stacked with a TS performance MP-8. The MP-8 will come at a later date though. Would these two work together and are they the best for future mods on my truck ats 2000 turbo, 100hp injectors, afe intake are all to come but the first will be a intake and programer/downloader. could you guys help me out with this.

:st: MY TRUCK :st:
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 cummins, 6sp Man trans, Magnaflow turbo back exhaust.

When I stacked my Diablo Sport with a Quadzillarator it got to high of EGT's

edge hot juice or smarty. but it depends on how far horsepower wise you want to take it.

Well all in all i would like 500hp 1000tq i never looked in to the smarty. I was looking at a bully dog and edge juice w/ attitude but a shop told me to not get any programer that has built in guages because when you stack boxes it will mess with your output of the guages.....thats why i ordered stand alone a-piller guages let me read up on the smarty and ill get back to you. If you know anyother others that would stack with it like Dr. Performance's preator or the MP-8 or any others that anybody knows works well together

Also for a selling point for my better half has it been proven that the smarty will get me a few extra mpg....if not i'll just have to lie

:st: MY TRUCK:st:

Last edited:
SpyderTB said:
Well all in all i would like 500hp 1000tq i never looked in to the smarty. I was looking at a bully dog and edge juice w/ attitude but a shop told me to not get any programer that has built in guages because when you stack boxes it will mess with your output of the guages.....thats why i ordered stand alone a-piller guages let me read up on the smarty and ill get back to you. If you know anyother others that would stack with it like Dr. Performance's preator or the MP-8 or any others that anybody knows works well together

Also for a selling point for my better half has it been proven that the smarty will get me a few extra mpg....if not i'll just have to lie

:st: MY TRUCK:st:

I like my BD Crazy Larry and MP8 setup......Good for 530/1050......Of course my other mods listed below....

I think the MP8 will stack well with just about anything!!

Crazy larry i dont know what that is sorry. could you inform me please
:aiwebs_029:

will the bully dog run my truck hot (egt) and does it have everything or more than the smarty. i have been leaning towards the smarty because of its features

our new dyno testing netted 230 additional rwhp on a stock 2003 with artermarket 62/14 turbo, F1 springs and SBC DD clutch. egts never exceeded 1200 degrees

SpyderTB said:
but a shop told me to not get any programer that has built in guages because when you stack boxes it will mess with your output of the guages

thats total horse crap! my edge was never off in what it was reading out.

SKYNYRD'S Right or at least with my knowledge. i have the edge stacked with smarty and no problems at all..

Also smarty is a must!

i think after reading up on the smarty and the mp-8 i'm leaning towards them they give good power and all but i dont fully understand i would have one setting for X-Amout of Hp with added timing then X-Amout of Hp with no added timing. i understand what advanced in the timing is i worked on my harley before but wouldn't you just always add timing in certin settings? or will it make a huge change in each one with how fast it responds when you mash the throttle.

One more thing i have read up on the "BANKS" products on this forum and its not anyones favorite but a guy at work just got the 6 gun tuner and loves it i read the manual and on the Palm it uses it will tell you and codes that come up and what they are along with record how your engine performs so you can monitor it. From reading it and "IF" it does what is say it will do it seams to me that it will let you know well before anything happens to your truck just its just alot of money for all of that.

For the money you'd drop on the banks 6 gun with PDA you could buy yourself a set of gauges and programmer to read codes and monitor your engine and still have money left over not to mention a stronger truck.

any thoughts on stacking these two and my question?

i think after reading up on the smarty and the mp-8 i'm leaning towards them they give good power and all but i dont fully understand i would have one setting for X-Amout of Hp with added timing then X-Amout of Hp with no added timing. i understand what advanced in the timing is i worked on my harley before but wouldn't you just always add timing in certin settings? or will it make a huge change in each one with how fast it responds when you mash the throttle.

One more thing i have read up on the "BANKS" products on this forum and its not anyones favorite but a guy at work just got the 6 gun tuner and loves it i read the manual and on the Palm it uses it will tell you and codes that come up and what they are along with record how your engine performs so you can monitor it. From reading it and "IF" it does what is say it will do it seams to me that it will let you know well before anything happens to your truck just its just alot of money for all of that.

Smarty/ MP-8 is an awsome stack. Can't go wrong with this combo.By far a better stack than my tri-dog/mp-8. The smarty cut 1/2 sec. off my 1/8 mile run first time out tonight and did it with 100* less egt's. The even #'s are for stacking with other modules that do timing. MP-8 is only pressure adjust so it plays very well with the Smarty. Just have to watch how much pressure you add with it as the Smarty does pressure alse . So far i have found no more than about 1/2 turn on mp-8 is all that is needed.

Bob Wagner said:
our new dyno testing netted 230 additional rwhp on a stock 2003 with artermarket 62/14 turbo, F1 springs and SBC DD clutch. egts never exceeded 1200 degrees

wow! where do i sign?

can i run this software with a tst? on the even numbers of course (i dont have adjustable timing on my tst)

oh, this is all for the 03'

yes it was 230 added hp to an 03 :Cheer: egt's never exceeded 1200 :Cheer:

very low smoke :Cheer:

more soon