Which programer is the best for my Cummins

Bob Wagner said:
yes it was 230 added hp to an 03 :Cheer: egt's never exceeded 1200 :Cheer:

very low smoke :Cheer:

more soon

So thats with the smarty and the mp8 stacked yes?

The power the Smary makes is crazy. I watched as they tuned it for low egt's, low smoke, high power, higher power and then holy****,230 hp extra.
The only thing holding the test truck back was injectors, in my opinion.

Bob, clear some room in your pm. Got the sticks, thanks agian.

Some things to consider:

1) The Smarty is the only downloader that returns the ECM to a stock program. It actually writes in the factory software when you go backwards. Specific to your vehicle!!

The others write in a detuned version of their own code.

2) Smarty is the only downloader that is not detectable by the dealer once it is removed and returned to stock.

The others leave a trace behind and the code is easily detected.

3) The Smarty has a large memory base ( storage capacity ) unlike the others that have a small amount of inexpensive internal memory when compared.

Since the others only have their detuned version of their code to store they save cost by using less memory. The Smarty holds a large number of the factory original software for restoring the ECM to factory specs. So it needs lots of memory.

4) The Smarty loads faster than any downloader on the market.

i did know about the memory in the smarty but i have read some of that on their site but thank you for reminding me i need it my memory is not that good. But here is the question that will sell it to my wife...at any of the setting on the smarty will it get me any improved fuel mileage

The Smarty is a fine product. My 2006 trapped 93mph today in the quarter with stock programming. I then programmed #9 Mild into the truck with my Smarty and ran 105mph. The only other mod to the truck I have is a Goerend valve body.

14.6@93 stock and a few minutes later 13.5@105 with Smarty

sounds sweet Bob... it the tune close to being released ? also... is this a tune that will be good for racing and/or daily driven, or just one ?

BarryP said:
The Smarty is a fine product. My 2006 trapped 93mph today in the quarter with stock programming. I then programmed #9 Mild into the truck with my Smarty and ran 105mph. The only other mod to the truck I have is a Goerend valve body.

14.6@93 stock and a few minutes later 13.5@105 with Smarty

14.6 in a stock truck? I know its a lightweight configuration but is that normal?!?! thats awesome!

SpyderTB said:
i did know about the memory in the smarty but i have read some of that on their site but thank you for reminding me i need it my memory is not that good. But here is the question that will sell it to my wife...at any of the setting on the smarty will it get me any improved fuel mileage

For me it really does not matter what TM level version, if I load 60/90 hp levels and drive normally I get 1.5-2mpg better mileage.

Camotanker said:
PPE - ask for it by name.

Hey Camo let me tell you what our observations of our compettion are.

We purchased a PPE Hot :hehe: just to to see how HOT our competition was . Ok open minded do we have a legit competitor or not,

Plug in the HOT PPE and the downloader is vin loaded to an 04 manual even though it is marked for an 05 auto right out of the shrinkwrap :eek:wned:

Can you imagine if we would do such a thing :poke: we would be poked, proddeded , called to the carpet and made a laughing stock. :evil

Do we see PPE as a legit competitor after this :bang give me a break :hehe:

I wont go deeper into the hardware findings :pop:

There may have been an email send to Joe :thankyou2:

Thank you :welcome:

Last edited:
Bob Wagner said:
Hey Camo let me tell you what our observations of the compettion are.

We purchased a PPE Hot :hehe: just to to be how HOT our competition was . Ok open minded do we have a legit competitor or not,

Plug in the HOT PPE and rge downloader is vin loaded to an 04 manual even though it is marked for an 05 auto right out of the shrikwrap :eek:wned:

Can you imagine if we would do such a thing :poke: we would be poked, proddeded , called to the carpet and made a laughing stock. :evil

Do we see PPE as a legit competitor after this :bang give me a break :hehe:

I wont go deeper into the hardware findings :pop:

There may have been an email send to Joe :thankyou2:

Thank you :welcome:

wow... a plug for PPE and I get all this? business at the dealership must be slow tonight huh?

I don't know what problems you speak of with this other downloader, but its nothing different than what the "smarty" has experienced. do i need to remind you of the torque management issue you screwed up? how about latest updates you did that caused multiple trucks to not start? how about the surge issue smarty causes? how about all the promised additions of your product that still haven't been produced. you also show that you are no better than the competition with your bashing.

the greatest thing with the PPE is for me is that I know what to expect. the price stays the same from person to person. I don't have to worry about uploading my PPE and my truck not working. I don't have to worry about doing the R&D for the product and then be left to be screwed over by the company. PPE also produces more power and better economy on my vehicle.

camo I pay marco full price will no kid discount ....:poke:

ask me for another sponsor price KMA

Denny plays nice :rockwoot:

B18B1LS1 said:
14.6 in a stock truck? I know its a lightweight configuration but is that normal?!?! thats awesome!

I think the Chevy in the same config runs around the same too. I had heard they run 14.7 so that sounds about right. Not having 4x4 saves 500#.

ok now so with all of this going on here i know about the PPE and the PPE hot programers but how do those and the smarty compair to one another?