Which Semi?

any of the pt pump motors are easy to give a bit more power to.. my personal choice is big cam 400 and 13sp, 3.55's and air ride is a must.. your wrapper(truck) is your choice of what you wanna be seen in.. I like petes, i also have been driving a 98 frieghtliner for a bit with a 525hp n14 and a 13sp.. been averaging 7.4mpg.. nice rig to drive..
photobucket-5355-1326522770187.jpg

Pretty hard to go wrong with any of the older 400 and under big cam 855's. The eaton 18sp is by far my favorite but we haul heavy. If you plan on spending all day in one air ride is way up there.

Pulling a flatbed trailer with anything I can put on it an mostly through the Mountains but also to the flat lands if needed.

If your going after an older truck I would say 3.70 is about as fast as I would want with a mechanical engine, but of course if the truck is spec right it might be okay.

The cabover you listed may be a little short on power with that set up if it has 11R24.5 rubber on it, if it has LP22.5s it will be a lot better, there is about a 7mph difference in the two and while that doesn't seem like much in a truck with a lower torque engine it will be noticeable.

If your going after an older truck I would say 3.70 is about as fast as I would want with a mechanical engine, but of course if the truck is spec right it might be okay.

The cabover you listed may be a little short on power with that set up if it has 11R24.5 rubber on it, if it has LP22.5s it will be a lot better, there is about a 7mph difference in the two and while that doesn't seem like much in a truck with a lower torque engine it will be noticeable.

Also Found this ad its a 1983 K100
13 Speed
400 Big Cam Cummins
370 rears
Rebuilt 2 ½ years ago
New turbo 1 ½ years ago
Ready to work!...If I could get my friend into hauling I found a package deal its 2 Pete Cabovers both with 400 Big Cam 3:70s for $12000