Which Turbo for My Application?

Great to hear about my 62/12 as a twin setup, but one more question.....
Are you refering to a external wastegate to get it right or can I just adjust the gate on my 62??
I just want to order the kit, bolt it up, and not have to modify it much....I'll have Jeff Garmon do the install and help with adjustments...

do you have a D.P gauge and a boost gauge? see how much you can so with the gate thats on the turbo first, and may be try porting. After that, yes ex. gate.

do you have a D.P gauge and a boost gauge? see how much you can so with the gate thats on the turbo first, and may be try porting. After that, yes ex. gate.

Only a boost gauge....

Thanks for all the advice.....We'll see what happens...

Any 3rd gen guys daily driving/light towing with a Silver 64? Let's hear your input!

Lucky Jeff does have me second guessing 64 versus the 62 though. Damn you, Jeff! :doh: LOL

Well lets just see what others have to say who have common rails with 64's (I'm just a 12 valve guy and my Dad's 05 just has a Smarty on it). I'm on turbo's 8 and 9 right now. Instead of asking I just kept trying.. :badidea:. But I'm pretty happy with my small set of twins now.

And Danny, yea that's her......... the good old days (don't tell her I said that :stab:)

I have exchanged a few emails with Anthony from HTT on a turbo recommendation for my needs. Daily driver, tow a 7,000GVW race car trailer during race season and also the goal of mid 12s with some room to grow. His recommendation was the HTB2/64 Killer B2 SS (64/65/13ss). He said the turbine can be changed to a 71 wheel if I felt the need for more top end power. He felt the 65/13ss would be the better choice for daily driving and the towing that I do over the 71 wheel, however.

Does anyone have any experience with this turbo?

I like my new toy HTT 62/65/13ss
I have a autosmatic with an 87% TC (basically stock) I tow an 8K boat with a 2K FG camper kinda nice to spool quick & get outa the hole & the shifts don't get close lugging the hills
As 4 the 13 ss I think it's extra money well spent especially when it looks like this, over a primary turbo when the ponies needs more cooling$.02

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 28