Who has/had a/c failures?

Gibson

There's no love in diesel
I think dodge has a big problem with a/c systems on oUr trucks. Especially 06-07. Any body else think so too or have an explination?

Its a problem all right..Seems that the biggest issue is the viscous fan clutch not engaging enough when in very slow traffic or idling. The fix is to rig up a fan switch. You need to run a ground to PIN 1 of the fan clutch harness and rig it up on an ON/OFF switch. Just switch it on when you are idling or in stop and go traffic and it will fix some of the problem. Good thing is, even if you forget and leave it on the fan will still kick out at 1850-1900 RPMs. Thats what I did after toasting a couple of compressors..have had no problems since.

I'll have to do that when my truck gets out of body shop. At idle a/c SUCKS! Is this problem on 07 6.7s aswell?

At idle with my fan switched on (I have a seperate switch too), it blows 39 degrees.... brrrr.....

Mine went out once. Dealer said an ac line chaffed the dipstick untill it finally rubbed through. Been good since, its a lot stronger and colder then my powerstroke pushes.

Ok whats the deal when the driver side vents blow colder then the passenger side vents?? This one still confuzes me...

mine will blow cold air but sometimes fan all the way on it hardly blows and other times it will run you out. i've replaced the controller switch panel plus the trap door motor. when turn on high you can hear the fan running like crazy but not much air. i've got tired of trying to figure it out so i just forgot about it.

With less than 30K on mine one of the trap doors failed... It would only blow air out the defrost vents. They replaced the door and no probs sense.

AC condensor plugged up on mine. Caused the pressure/temp to climb high enough for the system to purge and sure enough, no ac. I wrote it off as an evap. core becuase I couldn't find a leak. Trouble shot it a year later and it as been working for more than a month now.

Doing the fan trick tomorrow.

I'm having the same issue!

your a/c evaporator is on the right side, the air temp rizes as it goes from the left to the right side

To the OP a guy i work with has an 06 and his has been into the dealer 3 times now for the a/c the first time the recharged it and said there you go. second time they did the same thing, now dodge is involved because the truck is just barely out of warranty 38k miles, dodge claims they know they have an issue and they are working on a fix.

its a huge difference though man, really cold on the driver side two vents, left two vents its hardly cooler than the air outside it seems.

Same issue on one cold one not. Drover is cold passenger is just barely cool. Just started last week. Three of my buddys with 03,03&04 have sane issue. A guy with 08 evap core freezes over and doesn't blow any thru vents

my evap core used to freeze up in low but put it on high and it would un freeze now my ac just dont work and i dont have the money to drop it off at the shop

i have the same problem and it just started. The guy that did my ac told me to unhook the battery's and a few minutes and try it again. he said on the dodges, 9 time out of 10, it will fix it. havent tried it yet.

Anyone have a wire in the AC that I could tap to trigger a relay for grounding the fan automatically? I think it would be cleaner than a switch.

Back