Who has/had a/c failures?

nope just the 3 dials for A/C controls. Single zone.

Mine has the sual climate zone but I don't think that is the issue! Like was stated earlier it feels almost like warm air coming through the passenger vents and ice cold on the sdrivers side??

You guys kinda got me stumped on this one. the only thing i can thing of is maybe a blend door issue, or maybe your trucks have two evaporators, but i really doubt it. cant find much info on it either.

There's only 3 doors. Panel-floor/defrost-panel/fresh-recircluate. I can't see how left and right side could differ. I'm gunna try hooking up a dual control panel and see what happens.

I do have an upside to this tho. Two actually

1) femal gets warm on her side. Moves ***** next to me to get the cool air.

2) at idle it gets warmer/coolish. Female gets warm. Proceeds to remove clothing to comfort.

On second thought I may just keep it as is...

LOL im with gibson i like that idea.

Its just not making sense why it varies so much from left to right, im missing something i know it.

Thanks. I'll try it. I found out my door fit fresh-recirculaye was gone. I stuffed foam rubber in the tunnel going to the fresh air screen. It cools somewhat better. Next step is to run manual switch on fan then later this week I'll swap a dual climate unit in.

I have an 06 a/c was very eratic on how it worked sometimes cold sometimes not. I removed glove box and found the recirc. door was broken and was blocking my blower so it was not flowing the air correctly.
Instead of removing the box to fix it right I just cut the small plastic gaurd
at the door and removed the broken door it is working fine now.The truck only has 32000 miles

As I'm just researching and learning from others, I have the same issue as everyone else with the driver's side cooling better than the passenger. Other people are upgrading to a larger orifice tube behind the dash (I think) and that seems to help. They are also adding an electric pusher fan in front of the A/C condenser. They say that helps as well because that is like never coming to a complete stop or sitting at idle when you always have that fan blowing on your condenser keeping it cooler. They are also adding coolant shutoff valves to keep coolant from flowing through the heater core when it's hot outside and the heater isn't being used. I'm also told that because of spiking pressures in the high side of the cooling system when you turn the air on, that it causes freon to leak down and that will cause the cooler air on the left side and warmer air on the passenger side. I haven't attempted to fix mine yet, but I'm doing some homework on the subject. I do plan on adding the electric pusher fan and topping off the freon to 2lbs. I'll post back when/ if I learn anything else. Until then, I'll keep reading.

PS: Heater treater websight has a good writeup and video on the a/c system doors operation, inspection, and repair if that is your problem. Their solution seems much better than taking your dash out of the truck. JMHO.

Last edited:
NYCETRK thats a very nice truck in your aviator is it yours? Guess your new to this site welcome aboard! As for the ac issue I still am stumped I did try turning the heat on in it today to see what the difference there was there and both sides come out extremly warm so it's just an AC issue...

All my doors are operating corectly. Heater core is bypassed, manual fan switch is in. System is charged up. Driver is still 20-23* colder than passenger. Driver is at 49-51*. I'm stumped.

NYCETRK thats a very nice truck in your aviator is it yours? Guess your new to this site welcome aboard! As for the ac issue I still am stumped I did try turning the heat on in it today to see what the difference there was there and both sides come out extremly warm so it's just an AC issue...

Yes thats my puller Ive been a member for a while but just dont post alot.
thanks for the welcome.

Very nice looking truck you got there where are you from?

Im live in columbus ohio and usually pull in ohio only but have been out of state a few times. I usually just pull in central ohio now and take it to the 4wheel jamboree in Ohio usually get beat by my wifes durango in the show and shine though but thats ok.

I've been through one compressor, one fresh air/recirc. door, I had to change the whole line with the orfice tube in it cuz you can't just pull the orfice tube out(well you can but you can't put one back in) and the low pressure hose from the condensor to the compressor. You guys might wan't to look at yours mine was stretched a little to tight from the factory and it started leaking when my truck was 6 months old. even the new hose was tight so I just bent it at the condensor towards the compressor to give it a little slack in the rubber hose. Also My a/c blows 38-40 on drivers and 55 on passengers.

Back