Who pulls with an...

best of luck............nobody really pulls with them that I know of.....

Well I already have it and for some reason cummins are gold around here which is the most feasible swap. I know by the time I build it I will have more into it than a cummins swap and it probably wont be very competitive but I still think it will be fun. BTW anyone know where the pull around Coeur d Alene Idaho or Spokane Washington?

You wont be competitive. But it will be fun! I saw one pull in the 2.5 class at Paris KY at smokin the bluegrass this year. He actually did pretty good with something like a 250' pull, but the full pulls were out in the 400' range since they had the sled set light.

Eric

There were 2 or 3 guys around south east Mo that tryed it and they were very lucky to make it past the 75-100ft mark. IDI 6.9 7.3 There just a joke anymore

There was one at the Belle MO pull. Jumped bad at the start though the track was not good so ya can't blame him. My Belle MO Pull in the video section shows him pulling twice I think. Does pretty well actually.

There is a guy around here that had a beater that he was just pulling for fun. He beat a duramax at a little pull on a bad track. It was fun to watch.
Do it for fun not to win.

If I decide to try to be competitive I will probably look for a first gen powerstroke or put a cummins in my current truck.

If you live in northern idaho there is acouple pulls up there but in the southeren part and in utah there is starting to be quite a few pulls so you might have to travel a little.

Yea I live up north, they used to have some in Spokane but I cant find any info on them.

one guy I know installed 7.3 performance injectors into his 6.9...gave it some more power...not much though

If I decide to do it I will get a turbo kit, a DSM exhaust housing for quicker spool up, probably a pump from Mel over at Oilburners, head studs, some injectors and water injection if it wont bump me up a class. I think they do mostly run what ya brung around here. I'm sure I forgot some things too, might even think about lowering compression.

Honestly, if you are going to spend that kind of money, swap a cummins in it. It would be neat to see what it would do, but it still wont be competitive. Im not very competitive in my truck yet.

Eric

Yea I know I just have a soft spot for the IDI's, I'l proabably start lookin for a powerstroke truck to get close to competitive

Hyde said:
Yea I know I just have a soft spot for the IDI's, I'l proabably start lookin for a powerstroke truck to get close to competitive

I'd give up on the Powerstroke too if I were you.. Would be much cheaper to buy a 12 Valve Dodge, I bet out in Idaho a mildly modified 12Valve could easily take the #1 spot in a lot of pulls.. I have a local customer with injectors, turbo, and dvs that has a few first places this year, of course I didn't show up at those few hooks. ;)

I'm a die hard Ford guy, but since the IDI isnt ford and the Cummins isnt necessarily Dodge I might be able to live with Putting 2 and 4 together.

Bobcat698 said:
I'd give up on the Powerstroke too if I were you.. Would be much cheaper to buy a 12 Valve Dodge, I bet out in Idaho a mildly modified 12Valve could easily take the #1 spot in a lot of pulls.. I have a local customer with injectors, turbo, and dvs that has a few first places this year, of course I didn't show up at those few hooks. ;)

Ya, but then he would be like everybody else...lol Kinda a "bellybutton" truck:hehe:

Long live the IDI's:rockwoot:

IDIs i didnt know those things were still around ive saw a couple pull in ohio but they pulled 100 ft when everybody else was pulling 275 to 300 and all the trucks there had stock chargers