Who's running 19.5's

ccoxva

Loafer
I have a set of accuride 19.5x6's steel wheel kit. I'm wondering if anyone is having a bad vibration prob out of theres. I am goint to 4 alum. wheels if I know that I wont have that prob anymore??? Hate to spend 1000 bucks and still vibrate. Any input that would be helpful is appreciated!!:Cheer:

Have these wheels/tires been balanced by someone who knows what they are doing? And on a balancer setup to do heavier wheels/tires?

Its a regular balancer that is for regular tires/wheels and I've not had the beeds put in. I've had people tell me that that will fix it but I know nothin about these 19.5's???

find ''firemanram'' he has a set and his work fine at 85!!!!!!

He's right, I love mine after we took them apart & vaccumed the balance beads :badidea:(crap) out and had them computer balanced. They will wear like iron.

Thanks for the reply that makes me feel better. Thats why im wanting to stay with them because of the longevity and me and my wife show horses and do alot of traveling and about any garage on the interstate has a 225 70 19.5 on the tire rack.

I would run 245's. I don't think that you would like the ride from the 225's from what I've read.

Thats what I was wondering?? It didnt sound right to me that 1/2 in diff wouldnt let you run a 245. Thanks!! Do you have any pics of your truck with the 245's on it and those wheels.

89066e56.jpg

I had very good luck with the beads when I had the Ricksons on my truck, worst issues I had came from worn out front end parts. Regular wheel and tire machines WILL NOT balance them, to heavy. Best results seem to come from road force balancing procedure, good shocks will make a world of difference also.

Thats just plain SEXY!! Looks great with the 245's!!

I'll prob go with these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=380198694102

What do you guys think on a black 3500 ex cad dodge???

Wouldnt the aluminum 19.5 front wheel and tire be lighter than the factory wheel and tire???[/QUOTE]

No way Jose. The 265/70's I had on steel Ricksons came in at 145lbs per tire, best I remember the aluminum rims were 12 or 15lbs lighter than the steel version.

I had very good luck with the beads when I had the Ricksons on my truck, worst issues I had came from worn out front end parts. Regular wheel and tire machines WILL NOT balance them, to heavy. Best results seem to come from road force balancing procedure, good shocks will make a world of difference also.

Not a regular machine. Truck shop here spin balance even 22.5" on semi's

We got a new truck stop coming that is gonna open next month so they should be on the up on the new balancers is there tire shop.

Only reason I may stick with the 225's is my horse trailer has the extended sleeper and it gets a little close as it sits now.

Back