Who's using NOS

Trapper

Hater
Hey guys wondering whos using Nos and how much are you using? How much to fill a tank?

Ill be goig with nitrous in a few weeks. It cost about 3.00 dollars a pound last time i filled one of my brothers.

I run it on occation myself, if you burn even more than a little bit of gas it's better to rent a big 60 lb bottle and build a fill line to top it off.

You can freeze your little bottle and use the temp difference to fill it.

Jim

I spray on occasion. $20 for a 1/4mi pass, 3 passes/bottle.

bnraond.

Here in Jersey we are required by state law to be a registered Nitrous Handler. I needed to file for a permit to carry, transport and even fill Nitrous Bottles, I do have my N.J. State Permit so I have no troubles anywhere getting my bottles filled. I have found some places check for this permit and some do not, I wanted to play it safe- as ya never know when the law will pull you over so in the event of Nitrous bottles being spotted- I can easily open my wallet and hand the law my state permit and they can't do a thing to me- I'm authorized.... The $3.00 per lb is about right give or take a few cents.....

I don't know if AZ even gives a permit? BUt I know now the local parts store down in town wants 3.99 a lb, Oh well back to the twin idea.

AZ seems to let you do what ever you want if you paid taxes for it?:rules:

I used to inhale the propellent out of whipped cream (nitrous oxide) when I was a dumb kid (now I'm a dumb adult).

Does that count?

Whipped cream is too messy, just get the commercial refills.:aiwebs_019:

Signal 73 said:
what is more headgasket friendly overall, n2o or water meth?

Really both are used differently although the side effects can be similiar.

Nitrous' usage is for power, where water/meth usage should be for cooling. Now that said the nitrous will coll to some extent but the power gains are huge when properly setup. Water/ meth main adavtage is cooling but if you lean on the alcohol power is also a byproduct, although nowhere near what the power potential of nitrous is.

As far as headgaskets if you use water/meth you might blow a HG, if you use nitrous you will blow a HG. The 3rd gen HG are much better on holding power but we are still seeing issues with them....

Doug

ya bunch of drug sniffin dopers. but i do recall some long nights with ballons and a trash can full of little metal cylinders. at 3 bucks a pound my second turbo has payed for itself a while ago.

gunracer1 said:
ya bunch of drug sniffin dopers. but i do recall some long nights with ballons and a trash can full of little metal cylinders. at 3 bucks a pound my second turbo has payed for itself a while ago.

At $4 a pound I know I could pay off a twin setup.

I know of a truck that eats 20lbs a pass.

Trapper said:
At $4 a pound I know I could pay off a twin setup.

Nitrous will outpower a twin setup anyday..... The beauty of twins is the ability to make evryday power wilth better egt control. Add nitrous to even a huge set of twins and you will gain power. The oxygen density the nitrous prodvides just can't be matched with a set of twins or even triples.

Doug