Who's using NOS

McRat said:
I used to inhale the propellent out of whipped cream (nitrous oxide) when I was a dumb kid (now I'm a dumb adult).

Does that count?

The Butane is a better hit , but dont chew gum cause it will melt in yr mouth WHA WHA WHA WHA WHA WHA WHA WHA

I run a single shot B4 the I/C usen a 90 pill hits pretty hard

Last edited:
Jetpilot said:
Nitrous will outpower a twin setup anyday..... The beauty of twins is the ability to make evryday power wilth better egt control. Add nitrous to even a huge set of twins and you will gain power. The oxygen density the nitrous prodvides just can't be matched with a set of twins or even triples.

Doug

I guess you have a point thier.

Other than the Nos that Jff24Gordn is useing what Nos kit is everyone using or plan on using?

jet pilot has a good setup!

but i'd like to know what are the advantages of his $800+ kit vs other cheaper ones? i bet you get waht you pay for, but what does one need?

im a total newbe to nitrous also!

Well it seems to me that the more you spend, you get the newer tech to actually activate the system, ie timers and variable controls, I have seen the Zex system go cheep in many places and its activated by the old reliable micro-switch, and doing some back reading on DieselPower, someone NX system is variable, I guess it how much you want to spend and what you really want,

From the research I've done I'll have to agree with Lmills and Dalpilot, NX seems to be the most for your money :woohoo: .

NX. I had their customer service bent over backwards and they had my setup functioning by raceday.

brandon.

The problem with a lot of the nitrous kits available is the components are just not large enough. We need big parts to make big power. A ton of the kits out there run small lines, solenoids, or nozzels. A typical kit we sell/use will have 2 .125 solenoids, -6 line, and nozzels that will outflow the solenoids.

The new NX kits are really cool as they use a programable controller that can vary the nitrous based on boost pressure. This means we can setup a tune for any condition dyno, track, street, etc. and it will work for all. You will also be assured of a smooth application of nitrous and the ability to induce it sooner and use a larger amount.

The NX kits are a bargain for the components you get..... Yes it is more expensive than lesser kits but it is a proven performer that can make tons of power.

Doug

Jetpilot said:
The problem with a lot of the nitrous kits available is the components are just not large enough. We need big parts to make big power. A ton of the kits out there run small lines, solenoids, or nozzels. A typical kit we sell/use will have 2 .125 solenoids, -6 line, and nozzels that will outflow the solenoids.

The new NX kits are really cool as they use a programable controller that can vary the nitrous based on boost pressure. This means we can setup a tune for any condition dyno, track, street, etc. and it will work for all. You will also be assured of a smooth application of nitrous and the ability to induce it sooner and use a larger amount.

The NX kits are a bargain for the components you get..... Yes it is more expensive than lesser kits but it is a proven performer that can make tons of power.

Doug
hey doug what is your oppinon of the TS power fool 2 kit?

TS performance makes good components, you won't go wrong with this setup. Personally I like a 15# bottle due to we normally go through 5+ lb of nitrous in a 1/4 mile, so changing the bottle would need to be done more often.

Dennis has shown he knows nitrous and his kits are a reflection of his knowledge.

Doug

dough, how much RWHP increase do you see?
Average?
Most?
Least?

And how much of ET drop can i expect, running a 64 charger, being mid 13s now!

Thanks for any answer, and sorry but this is what ive always wondered!

12valve said:
dough, how much RWHP increase do you see?
Average?
Most?
Least?

And how much of ET drop can i expect, running a 64 charger, being mid 13s now!

Thanks for any answer, and sorry but this is what ive always wondered!

Nitrous power is dependant upon fueling and air..... The HP gains can be huge for a heavily fueled truck and much lower for something lightly modified. Typical increase would be 200-400 RWHP on a heavily fueled truck.

Egt reduction again is dependant upon amount of nitrous run and current air/fuel. For a large shot egt's can be decreased by over 300*

Doug

Doug so someone like JohnP who just dynoed 809 hp of fuel and water and clearly- judging from the smoke in the video, has plenty of fuel, could hit 1000hp with a juice set-up on his ol street 96 12V twin set-up?