Who's using NOS

good question!

Also, why would some go with a smaller nitrous kit?
What's wrong with a BIG shot?
does the engine rattle bad? does it hurt the stock bottom end?

I know head work is necesary (studs and gasket) but aside from that, what does it hurt?

RacinDuallie said:
Doug so someone like JohnP who just dynoed 809 hp of fuel and water and clearly- judging from the smoke in the video, has plenty of fuel, could hit 1000hp with a juice set-up on his ol street 96 12V twin set-up?

I am not willing to say 1000 RWHP for John's truck but it would go up a great deal..... The few that are in the 1000 HP club all have use 13mm or larger pumps, that I am aware of. John's truck is flat awesome and I would love to hook up a little squeeze to it.

Doug

12valve said:
good question!

Also, why would some go with a smaller nitrous kit?
What's wrong with a BIG shot?
does the engine rattle bad? does it hurt the stock bottom end?

I know head work is necesary (studs and gasket) but aside from that, what does it hurt?

To much NOS on a diesel will literally put the fire out, seen it happen several times at the strip.

I am also very interested in this! If I had the head o-ringed and put studs in..........should I expect a head gasket problem?

Jetpilot said:
I am not willing to say 1000 RWHP for John's truck but it would go up a great deal..... The few that are in the 1000 HP club all have use 13mm or larger pumps, that I am aware of. John's truck is flat awesome and I would love to hook up a little squeeze to it.

Doug

Yes I think John would be at or very damned close to 1000hp. with some squeeze.......:evil :rockwoot: :woohoo:

Jetpilot said:
The problem with a lot of the nitrous kits available is the components are just not large enough. We need big parts to make big power. A ton of the kits out there run small lines, solenoids, or nozzels. A typical kit we sell/use will have 2 .125 solenoids, -6 line, and nozzels that will outflow the solenoids.

The new NX kits are really cool as they use a programable controller that can vary the nitrous based on boost pressure. This means we can setup a tune for any condition dyno, track, street, etc. and it will work for all. You will also be assured of a smooth application of nitrous and the ability to induce it sooner and use a larger amount.

The NX kits are a bargain for the components you get..... Yes it is more expensive than lesser kits but it is a proven performer that can make tons of power.

Doug

I'm going to have to agree with Doug one this one, that is one dang nice kit, wish I had one and I may still get one someday.

Mine si different as I was given a kit with a 15 lb bottle, .063 solenoid and the normal hardware. I now have found and bought another solenoid .093 and a Shark Nozzle from E-bay dirt cheap then bought all the tee's and lines to plumb it all together. I don't have a controller like in the above kit so I turn mine on with hobbs switches so it not as smooth nor controllable. Now you as would I buy this setup, nope, I would buy the setup Doug is talking about hands down.

Doug on a lighter now I tried it out last night running an .062 and .099 jet for the stages and it is just flat brutal, this with 370. I'm a little worried about doing the same run with the Dragon Flows, but you know me I'm going to have to do it sometime.

Jim