Whose truck?

it was at the Buda, Tx dyno event earlier today. It was built by G Style Diesel. The single turbo was a s400 *nx*

To me I think if they pulled some fuel out of it on the bottom end it would have spooled the turbo, way too much smoke. No intercooler either so that didn't help...

I am going to be running a small S400 as a single here in the next couple weeks :)

he blew the turbo earlier today. from what i was told the turbo let go at 3k rpms and at 76psi. theres pieces of that turbo stuck in the ceiling, and light fixtures right above the cameraman.

he blew the turbo earlier today. from what i was told the turbo let go at 3k rpms and at 76psi. theres pieces of that turbo stuck in the ceiling, and light fixtures right above the cameraman.

and what a sight it was to see in person this afternoon :clap:

hell yeah it was. i was one of the guys hiding behind the hydrolic lifts, so i was pretty upclose to it

hell yeah it was. i was one of the guys hiding behind the hydrolic lifts, so i was pretty upclose to it

LOL

i was just across from you at the bay door, just under and to the left of the guy sitting on the ladder filming it. I bet that dude on the ladder about fell off or rather blew off when that thing exploded

my buddy got another video of it, i'll post a link when it gets uploaded

yeah i feel pretty bad for that cameraman on the ladder. he's probably going to be coughing up soot boogers for a couple o days, after the abuse he took today

Was it having fueling issues? it sputtered a lot. And is the turbo that big that it couldn't have lit any quicker?

Damn thing sounded worse than a shotgun goin off! Terrible on the ears for sure!! LOL

Poor turbo!

And the guys who come to our clubs shows wonder why we have a rule about the hood MUST be closed during all dyno runs.

I think he had issues way before that turbo lit the way it was huffing early in the run......Andy

To me I think if they pulled some fuel out of it on the bottom end it would have spooled the turbo, way too much smoke. No intercooler either so that didn't help...

Very good point, I wonder if other people will actually read it...........that is not a dyno truck.....period. If it doesn't snap up on the charger without holding the break then you need to go back to the drawing board. That much much bottom end fuel is never needed, it actually works in reverse and stating at low RPM's, that doesn't work better either.

Jim

You can see the shockwave. wild!.

Yeah, waaaay to much fuel for anything useful. Was there issues with the nitrous system?

I think any normal person would have let out of it and went back the drawing board after the first 30 seconds of trying to get the dang thing to spool.

yall are too critical. it was fun to watch, since it ain't mine LOL