Whose truck?

LOL there was probably a pile of melted material all over the floor afterwards.

no damage was done to the truck the turbo went through the stack. or so i was told by one of the G-style guys. some of it is in the ceiling and the light also.

no damage was done to the truck the turbo went through the stack. or so i was told by one of the G-style guys. some of it is in the ceiling and the light also.

thats almost hard to believe......

yeah i specifically asked them what happened to the hood, and the said nothing , it allwent through the stack, but i did see them pick a large chunk up off the ground underneath the motor, so who knows.

i asked too...i was told turbo gone, no mention of anything else.

just look at the whole video....no way in hell i would believe everything else on the truck is just fine.

all that fuel w/ no air, I bet the EGT's were low... the A:F vs. heat curve on any engine has an S in it, you go way over rich on a diesel, and EGT's will drop. If you never actually get a fire lit and just hose it w/ fuel, you're not going to get hot.

from everyone I've talked to, they were having problems loading the trucks up on the dyno. I'm sure that turbo (while very sluggish!) lights much easier on the street, and I'm sure he owner is used to popping it w/ the nitrous at a certain RPM/boost level. heck, he might have been popping the solenoid trying to get the turbo to light.

I built the truck, it wasn't a nos backfire it was the turdo letting go. everyones critic this is why i dont post on this site but keep the comments coming! it was alot of fun!

what was the deal w/ it sputtering/popping earlier in the run? just curious... not hating on your run by any means!

trying to light the turbo. we could not light it on the dyno. this truck was built for pulling.there was no tunning.finished it at 3:00 night before.

that's what I figured... sled trucks usually do poorly on the dyno, and this dyno was having a hard time loading street trucks...

just looked like you couldnt' get on the turbo! :(

did you dust the engine w/ compressor wheel or have you gotten the head off it yet?

that thing sounded like it was ready to ROLL right before the turbo let go! :eek:

we shot the wheel out the exhaust. got lucky but will pull head off. we had a feeling not enough turbo for the truck.

That must be why they have the "two 3/8" Grade 5 bolts at 90* of eachother in the exhaust" rule then huh? lol

So what were the specs on the turbo?

trying to light the turbo. we could not light it on the dyno. this truck was built for pulling.there was no tunning.finished it at 3:00 night before.

I see, no critic here. Good work getting it running and to the dyno. I could tell it was a pulling truck.....so now I want to see that thing hooked to a sled!