why do my dyno numbers SUCK???

stevewes2004

I made 391/772 with whats in my sig. whats up???? my peak horse power was right at my defueling point (2700rpm) and the dyno operator said i hit 42psi which is what i see on the street :bang

I take it you were here at the extreme Dyno Day with daves dyno? John P was saying that everybody seems to be down alot accross the board today... Like 100hp down. I dont do alot of dynos but thats the word thats been going around all afternoon.

You won't ever get a dyno jet to read 100HP low consistently all day. Won't happen! I can see it happen on a certain truck if it has a hard time spooling. As a rule of thumbs you will never dyno what you would like to see :)

It was mainly the fact that u was 3100ft above sea level air is a bit thinner that's why jasons truck wouldn't make his usual numbers I would not worry about it ur truck sounded great guess next time I won't leave mine at jasons house. Lol

i think they said the correction factor was 1.14 so corrected it was more like 445hp.

You won't ever get a dyno jet to read 100HP low consistently all day. Won't happen! I can see it happen on a certain truck if it has a hard time spooling. As a rule of thumbs you will never dyno what you would like to see :)

yea i hear ya. theres a dyno being built close to the house so hopefully i'll get some better numbers once i switch to a drag comp and since its only about 700ft above sea level here.

It was mainly the fact that u was 3100ft above sea level air is a bit thinner that's why jasons truck wouldn't make his usual numbers I would not worry about it ur truck sounded great guess next time I won't leave mine at jasons house. Lol

thanks!! i had a great time regardless......

i think they said the correction factor was 1.14 so corrected it was more like 445hp.

yea i saw that this morning. that makes me feel a little better :lol

yea i hear ya. theres a dyno being built close to the house so hopefully i'll get some better numbers once i switch to a drag comp and since its only about 700ft above sea level here.

The lower elevation and a cooler day would both lead to a smaller correction factor so your corrected and uncorrected numbers will be closer. What are your exhaust temps like?

My truck made 345/805 on stock turbo and stock injectors only running a Quadzilla Adrenaline.

My truck made 345/805 on stock turbo and stock injectors only running a Quadzilla Adrenaline.

That's a pretty good number for a stock turbo and injectors! The stickdoes kind of helps it out though.

Stevewes2004, you need to switch to a Drag Comp fa sho.

It was mainly the fact that u was 3100ft above sea level air is a bit thinner that's why jasons truck wouldn't make his usual numbers

There was something wrong with Jason's truck.it wouldn't hit anywhere near the boost it normally makes.it sounded and felt terrible on the first pull.i have run his truck a time or two before and this weekend was no comparision.

the correction factor started out at 1.16 and ended the day at 1.13.

there was appx. a 58hp difference between corrected and uncorrected.

Mike

After he got off the dyno he took some guys for a ride and it laid over 80psi and. Ran fine the dyno would not load the motor. He said we shoul have brought mine it wouldn't have had the problem spoolin. O well lol

I noticed my truck only put out 41 psi on the dyno and same settings on street is usually 50 psi. Def think the heat and elevation hurt the numbers. The diffrence between corrected 556.33 and uncorrected 491.43 = 64.9hp diffrence on my best run.

The lower elevation and a cooler day would both lead to a smaller correction factor so your corrected and uncorrected numbers will be closer. What are your exhaust temps like?

my egts on a hard pull up to around 95-100mph barely touch 1400*

That's a pretty good number for a stock turbo and injectors! The stickdoes kind of helps it out though.

Stevewes2004, you need to switch to a Drag Comp fa sho.

printing my comp HOT form as we speak

I noticed my truck only put out 41 psi on the dyno and same settings on street is usually 50 psi. Def think the heat and elevation hurt the numbers. The diffrence between corrected 556.33 and uncorrected 491.43 = 64.9hp diffrence on my best run.

jason, im assuming you have an SO pump? whats the best your truck has put down previously?

[/QOUTE]
jason, im assuming you have an SO pump? whats the best your truck has put down previously?[/QUOTE]

This is Kevin but previously was dynoed back when I just had 100 hp sticks same as yours and a smarty on the truck and only pulled 260 and that was a year ago. Since I have added the TST mach 5 injectors and 62/71/14 and yes it is a SO pump. Do you have a way to check see if you have set any codes in your truck? Im not that far from you and can check it with smarty some time if you want.

whoops sorry, somebody said "jasons" truck in my other thread on CF and i thought they were talking about you. well, KEVIN, ive got a smarty that somebody is borrowing. he's supposed to give it back this week. thanks for the offer tho.