why do my dyno numbers SUCK???

what ever the dyno operator used. he used the same gear on everyone elses truck. i would assume 5th since that is 1:1.

He used 5th in my 6spd truck. You truck doesnt smoke much with those 150hp injectors.

lol i think it smoked plenty... it cleared up good though. i was just wondering because for chits and giggles my buddy dynoed his truck in 3rd-6th and actually did better in 4th. he also had 42 inch tires.

haha yea the 42s may affect some things LOL, i've got a drag comp on the way and im going to dyno with it soon and if the numbers are still crappy, i guess i'll wait til the vp44 goes out or either trade the smarty for some ddp200s.

You ran on Dunbar's 248c, and made street boost....

Then don't worry, you're truck actually makes 391hp if that was your uncorrected pull. If that seems low, then you have a problem. You can bank it. Sounds like by sending in your box you're on the right track.

And if you were making street boost, then running in the 1:1 gear was the best choice. Lowest parasitic loss.

If you aren't building street boost, then go for OD. It will stretch the run out and give a big charger a fighting chance to spool.

I've run on Dave's before, and I was right where I should have been.

some '02's are tough to crack, kind of a problem child.

Jared

why is that?

You ran on Dunbar's 248c, and made street boost....

Then don't worry, you're truck actually makes 391hp if that was your uncorrected pull. If that seems low, then you have a problem. You can bank it. Sounds like by sending in your box you're on the right track.

And if you were making street boost, then running in the 1:1 gear was the best choice. Lowest parasitic loss.

If you aren't building street boost, then go for OD. It will stretch the run out and give a big charger a fighting chance to spool.

I've run on Dave's before, and I was right where I should have been.

he said it hit 42psi, so my truck is only 'actually' making around that, therefore i think i have a fueling issue or my truck defueled before that turbo reached its high potential rpm. a lot of times on the street in a higher gear (3rd & 4th) my truck is still building boost when it starts to defuel, but 5th and 6th i dont have a problem building the boost i should.

well, i got the comp back from edge, and i traded my smarty for some DDP 200hp injectors. HOLY CHIT!!! what a difference. going from the 150s to the 200s FEELS like when i went from stock to the 150s. i had to let off b/c i was chasing 50psi. before i could only see about 42. plus i have power all the way up to 3200rpm thanks to the drag comp.

i did 391 with the fbd150s and a plain comp. with the ddp 200s and the drag comp, it really hauls the mail. when you get some bigger injectors to fill that turbo, your truck will really rock. im not really good at guessing but, by the seat of the pants, i'll say there was a 65+ hp gain. maybe more maybe less.

yea i have some big plans for the injectors its just going to take me a little money savings which isnt really easy right now. from what i was told i should be putting out 625 with the injectors im looking at getting. but looks like head studs are going in at the same time and since im going with the arp 625's i have a lot of money to save! lol
so hows the spool with the new injectors? does it spool the same or faster?

i know what you mean about saving the pennies. you're doing the right thing though. it definitly spools quicker. from 0-10psi its fairly quicker and poors out more smoke for sure, but once it hits 10-12psi the neck snap factor is a lot better. i heard the tires chirp a little going up a hill in 4th yesterday :rockwoot: and yes my little southbend OFE is still holding. not for long im sure.

Back