Why do so many of the threads in tow/haul turn into cdl arguments?

Blackdog

Hillbilly Deluxe
I mean really, Can't anyone read and understand the federal dot laws enough to know whether or not they need this kind of a license.

To avoid asking dumb questions about this subject I went out and got my cdl a few years back. Better to have it and not need it than to be ticketed for not having it.

I had one on the farm before I went in the Air Force and then went and got it again after I retired. I may never need it or I might but I got it anyway.

Granted most of the threads in here that involve a cdl didn't start out that way but quickly evolve into that being the topic.

Lack of education and an argumentative personality is the key to most threads upheavals.

Especially when its about a BS law that much of is subject to the arresting officers interpretation.

I mean really, Can't anyone read and understand the federal dot laws enough to know whether or not they need this kind of a license.

Most of the problem boils down to people that don't/can't read.

Most people fail to realize that a CDL is a federal license. They also do not know the difference of federal law vs. state law.

"Ignorance of the facts and a natural need to argue with people who can't stop you"
That's my official statement. I am a CDL carrier (with air brake endorsement....) so I am authorized to have an opinion and state it here.
Sheesh, I am becoming such an ass. Or maybe it's just becoming more apparent.

"Ignorance of the facts and a natural need to argue with people who can't stop you"
That's my official statement. I am a CDL carrier (with air brake endorsement....) .

Show me a picture of your air brake endorsement.

Show me a picture of your air brake endorsement.

I think this will fix it! LOL
140.jpg

Lack of education and an argumentative personality is the key to most threads upheavals.

Especially when its about a BS law that much of is subject to the arresting officers interpretation.

As seen in every pulling thread on Compd...LMFAO

The biggest thing I see is everyone talking about the state laws. State laws aren't going to do anyone any good or get them out of anything once they cross state lines. Federal laws on cdl are going to get you butt hurt alot more than your local state trooper.
I run interstate commerce so I could care less what my state or any state law says. Only one I will follow is federal.

Actually, it is a removal of a restriction. My honest mistake, however I found what I meant and made it nice and clear for you "po po" types.
IF you take the CDL test and do NOT pass or take the air brake portion or test without an air brake vehicle there is a restriction that states "vehicles without air brakes only".
I copied and pasted the following statement from the webpage listed afterwards. I figured the actual Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website was a good enough authority on this fact. Sorry that I mis-spoke my thought (that does make me an admitted idiot), it was not an endorsement but rather the lack of the "no air brake restriction".
Copy of statement - If a driver either fails the air brake component of the general knowledge test or performs the skills test in a vehicle not equipped with air brakes, the driver is issued an air brake restriction, restricting the driver from operating a CMV equipped with air brakes.

Website if you would like further confirmation from the federal government-
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration-licensing/cdl/cdl.htm

The biggest thing I see is everyone talking about the state laws. State laws aren't going to do anyone any good or get them out of anything once they cross state lines. Federal laws on cdl are going to get you butt hurt alot more than your local state trooper.
I run interstate commerce so I could care less what my state or any state law says. Only one I will follow is federal.

You still need to know the law of your home state if it differs from the federal law.

Actually, it is a removal of a restriction. My honest mistake, however I found what I meant and made it nice and clear for you "po po" types.
IF you take the CDL test and do NOT pass or take the air brake portion or test without an air brake vehicle there is a restriction that states "vehicles without air brakes only".
I copied and pasted the following statement from the webpage listed afterwards. I figured the actual Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website was a good enough authority on this fact. Sorry that I mis-spoke my thought (that does make me an admitted idiot), it was not an endorsement but rather the lack of the "no air brake restriction".
Copy of statement - If a driver either fails the air brake component of the general knowledge test or performs the skills test in a vehicle not equipped with air brakes, the driver is issued an air brake restriction, restricting the driver from operating a CMV equipped with air brakes.

Website if you would like further confirmation from the federal government-
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration-licensing/cdl/cdl.htm

So do air brakes require a CDL?

Don't ya'll know that you have to have a class A CDL with tanker, hazmat, 35 passenger bus and air brake endorsements to post in this thread? It's THE LAW!!!!!!!