Why no aftermarket VGTs???

I know a fellow that is running he451v an loves it. He is using a boost activated mechanical controller for the vanes.

Thank you for finally delivering us a stand-alone VNT turbocharger controller. I hope that you reap benefits from it.

What turbochargers is it compatible with?

So the guy in the video was manually setting the desired boost level in real time? I assume if it can't reach that boost level safely, it goes to the highest boost it can safely generate at that time?

What sensors does the controller require to operate?

Can you turn exhaust braking on and off with the controller or is it constantly on?

Any Garrett VNT will work. It is ran off a map like the ECM uses but it's calibratable. The knob is an overide for boost cut and boost increase.

The braking feature is on a switch to activate it. The logic decides when to turn on and off using various inputs.. As you drive down the road, you let off the throttle it activates, you get back on the throttle, it deactivates. You come to a stop it shuts off.

Are these units ready off-the-shelf to operate Garrett VNT's or is that application still in the experimental stage?

What sensors does the unit require to operate the VNT?

I can vouch for Brayden the VNT on my 5.9 is wicked and the Smarty is only on 5 with the TNT-R software.

Fuel mpg is much better than expected, drivability is unreal. Anyone could drive it if they knew how to shift a 6 speed.

It LOVES the top end!

Any plans on making a controller for the Holset VGT's??

Chris

No plans as of yet.. The HE351 turbo isn't worth it IMO. You'd have to adapt the HE351 onto a 2nd gen manifold because of it's odd flange so why not adapt a better VNT .. that was my take on it.

The HE351 has an overcomplicated control strategy and they're having more problems with sticking than the Garrett's, and we're very familiar with the Garrett's.

Thanks,

Brayden

I was thinking more along the lines of an HE551VE...haven't heard of the problems of them sticking on the ISX's.

I guess we'll continue on with the mechanical version test, and then see about the electronic version.

Chris

I think we could make a controller but haven't gone down that path. It's odd the way they send a CAN message instead of analog signals.

Brayden

How is that 71mm VGT working on Bryan (firstonraceday) truck? Haven't heard anything about it recently.

I want one ... LOL

Brayden, truck will be there this weekend as i will be in Florida, get ready ... :rockwoot:

:Cheer:

Just thought I'd show everybody what I've been up to lately. We've adapted our TurboBrake module to run a VNT turbo as a standalone. You can install it on any engine using a T4 manifold.

What do you think? Spoolup is as fast as stock and is making 48psi.

Brayden

YouTube - Fleece Performance 5.9 Cummins VNT

YouTube - Fleece Performance 5.9 Cummins VNT 20 mph roll

Damn you man, I was all set to start on my conventional twins setup and you had to post this. I'm in love, when can we buy the controler?

Controller is available now, full kits aren't ready yet.. We need to fab a few pipes up.

Could you PM me a price for the controller please. I just figured out what turbo I was gonna run and now I get to start the hunt all over again.

How is that 71mm VGT working on Bryan (firstonraceday) truck? Haven't heard anything about it recently.

He was running it and had a piston problem that popped up less than 10 miles after the rebuild (out on the test run) :( I think it was a cracked ringland but not positive.

I would like to know how it's working as well...

I'm sure he'll pop in here with an update.

Brayden

Back