Why no aftermarket VGTs???

I think we could make a controller but haven't gone down that path. It's odd the way they send a CAN message instead of analog signals.

Brayden

I think there is a market. I know i want one.... have my vgt on the way..... Lots of people trying make the vgt work.....

What makes you want the HE351 though? It's not much of an upgrade in terms of flow. We've mod'd them further than anybody out there that I know of and they still won't flow where the Garrett's will.

What makes you want the HE351 though? It's not much of an upgrade in terms of flow. We've mod'd them further than anybody out there that I know of and they still won't flow where the Garrett's will.

Honestly, Because i cant afford a Garrett...... And anyway you look at it the ve is an upgrade to the cw even if it is only the exhaust brake. I can get a ve and get the faster spool and the exhaust brake for half of what an exhaust brake would cost.

hey brayden what does your controler use for sensors? would it be able to be used on an old 12 valve dodge or somthing similar? i have a 4bt its the 4 cylinder version of the old 12 valve its a 3.9l and i'm going to be modifying it hopefully to around 400hp and i am looking for a turbo setup that i can run and this seems like it would work great for me any thoughts everyone?

Last edited:
right now it uses RPM, boost (map sensor), throttle position, and soon will get drive pressure.

you could easily adapt it to a mechanical engine using a factory MAP sensor and TPS/APPS

how dificult would it all be to set up and would this work with say the turbo off a stock 07 duramax?

I've seen it posted many times that everyday VGT mechanisms don't respond well to stupid high EGTs encountered in sled pulling and drag racing.

However I haven't seen direct evidence of widespread carnage either.

so if you buy the control module or turbo brake whatever it is does it come with everything i would need as far as sensors go to hook it up or would i need to find that all myself?

i need one for my 7.3... yesterday.... lol i wish i could have a turbo that sounds and acts like that thing does

Back