why so much smoke?

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
my engine (in my 06) has been smelling really funny lately.

today i left it running for about 20 minutes when i went in the store, came back out and noticed ALOT of smoke coming out (from the hose exiting the motor, where it's supposed to, but ALOT).

i pulled the dip stick & filler cap and smoke just pours out. nastly smelling smoke.
what the hell is going on?

ooh, since this going on, my truck is running DAMN good. haha

ChaseN said:
my engine (in my 06) has been smelling really funny lately.

today i left it running for about 20 minutes when i went in the store, came back out and noticed ALOT of smoke coming out (from the hose exiting the motor, where it's supposed to, but ALOT).

i pulled the dip stick & filler cap and smoke just pours out. nastly smelling smoke.
what the hell is going on?

ooh, since this going on, my truck is running DAMN good. haha

Nothing that I would laugh about.....unless that is a nervous laugh? You are either making oil or using it. Start looking to find out which.

yeah, it's a nervous laugh.
smells just like my 04.5 did about 1k miles before they had to put a new long block in it,
how could i be making oil? mixing with coolant or diesel?

ChaseN said:
yeah, it's a nervous laugh.
smells just like my 04.5 did about 1k miles before they had to put a new long block in it,
how could i be making oil? mixing with coolant or diesel?
Check your oil level. Is it high or thinner with Diesel? If so, stop driving and get the injectors tested. One or more is hanging up. Sounds like you are washing out the rings and consuming oil but this is only speculation.

will check in the morning.

this pisses me off.:bang
always something with this damn dodge.

anybody know what the warranty on the engine in an 03 100,000k but how long

thought it was needing an oil change 3 days ago, so i had it done.

didn't change anything. still the same problem.

revolutiondsl said:
anybody know what the warranty on the engine in an 03 100,000k but how long
I believe you have till the end of 08.

ChaseN said:
thought it was needing an oil change 3 days ago, so i had it done.

didn't change anything. still the same problem.

Are you making oil? Engine sounds terrible. And judging by the pulsating smoke you have a injector issue.

Does the truck have warranty still? I would flatbed it to the dealer.....

burnt ring/rings and or piston/pistons

you're not going to make that go away without tearing the engine down to the block :(

oil is about 1/2" over the overfull line.

still have warranty, damn i just got my truck out of the shop friday for a whole new frontend. i am seriously getting tired of dodges... quick!

Forrest Nearing said:
burnt ring/rings and or piston/pistons

you're not going to make that go away without tearing the engine down to the block :(

x2, your engine sounds pretty rough, also, like the others said

uh oh, losing oil pressure.

1230072103.jpg

that is the highest i have seen it all day, just got back from a 300+ mile trip.

ChaseN said:
uh oh, losing oil pressure.

1230072103.jpg

that is the highest i have seen it all day, just got back from a 300+ mile trip.

Whats wrong with that oil pressure???? Those gauges are way off!! 40psi on the stock gauge would be 65psi on a good mechanical. Plus the viscosity of your oil is next to nothing with all the diesel in it.:doh: Go get your injectors replaced at the dealer and keep on truckin'......
Put the stock elbow back on and everything else that you can too before you go to the dealer.

Last edited: