why so much smoke?

it's loaded on my trailer, hauling it in to dealer in morning.

thanks guys.

if someone comes up with new info, i'm still all ears open!

dropped it off this morning.
the oil was 3qts over full (diesel), sooo thin it is like water when the tech checked it.

looks like a i get to break in a new motor.. again.

dang dude, you seem to have more bad luck with trucks than most people, your 6.0 and now this? That sucks man.... :(

Yeah, you were losing an injector which was washing down the cylinder. I bet they will find a cylinder out of round or way over bore.

# 4 & 6 injectors bad. cylinder shot.
damn i hate dodges!!!

no sir, will not have gauges on a truck that is all factory and always been factory.
if they cannot make it good from factory, then i will switch brands.

two words... Selling Truck (if problems continue)

also, i just got back from picking up my truck from the dealer...
they will not warranty it due to dirt getting past the damn air filter. how did it get past the airfilter? your guess is as good as mine. another faulty design of a factory item i guess?

That is rediculous. They are just trying to get out of it. Fight them over it, or take it to a different dealer.

Thats good ole Chrysler for ya.:banned:

What dealership did you take it to first?

Chrysler sucks for that crap. Fight them every bit and don't let them get by with this. Another thread just like this about warranty problems. Chrysler is really starting to piss me off with all these stupid cases. Next truck I buy is gonna be a Ford. At least they will help you in most cases. The dealers around here are the same way, want every record of everything before they will even look at anything.

yea but the when you put the new fords on a computer it tells you first off if you went over 71 mph and if you have you can kiss that warrenty good bye!!!!! i know two guys that happened to so far!! there some dealership look over it b/c they know its stupid but some dont..

aprudhomme said:
yea but the when you put the new fords on a computer it tells you first off if you went over 71 mph and if you have you can kiss that warrenty good bye!!!!! i know two guys that happened to so far!! there some dealership look over it b/c they know its stupid but some dont..

I call BS, speed limit on I20 in west TX is 80mph, and it's 75 in lots of places all over the country

Chase, first they told you that the injectors washed out the cylinder? Now they are telling you that their air filter housing is faulty and it let the motor get dusted, but they refuse to pay for it? This is what happens to a manufacturer when their ownership changes hands so much.

What are they going to do when it comes to their NEW lifetime warranty crap they are pushing?:doh:

they said this is why they will not warranty because of the red crap spotted.
0101081128.jpg

also, that rust ring where the turbo fins hit the side doesn't look good....

GUNNAR said:
Chase, first they told you that the injectors washed out the cylinder? Now they are telling you that their air filter housing is faulty and it let the motor get dusted, but they refuse to pay for it? This is what happens to a manufacturer when their ownership changes hands so much.

What are they going to do when it comes to their NEW lifetime warranty crap they are pushing?:doh:

they're going to be denying warranties like crazy :(

ChaseN said:
they said this is why they will not warranty because of the red crap spotted.
0101081128.jpg

also, that rust ring where the turbo fins hit the side doesn't look good....

Clean out the turbo and put the silencer ring back in it. Take it to a different dealer. If they still deny you go APE CRAP in front of as many customers as you can. My wife did on her truck at the Dodge dealer and they were jumping threw hoops to make her shut up.:hehe:

GUNNAR said:
Clean out the turbo and put the silencer ring back in it. Take it to a different dealer. If they still deny you go APE CRAP in front of as many customers as you can. My wife did on her truck at the Dodge dealer and they were jumping threw hoops to make her shut up.:hehe:

Yea I know your wife and i think i would too! LOL