windowed my compounded 6.7

dwbross

ive got a 2007 6.7 with a lovefab compound setup, dual cp3's, 200 over injectors, suncoast om3ga tranny, and the list keeps going... I just got done with fabbing in a new garrett/tial 3994 as the baby that feeds the 95 mm big boy. Finally got her back together and on one of the last tuning trips she decided to daylight both sides of the block... I need to source a block and go from there, It'll be a fully built motor now!

Twins and 6.7's do not get along. Lets so some pics!

I'm trying too from my phone... If not ill post se in the morning

YouTube

This is when it first was built... It has way more fuel and a better tranny, the rod snapped and the block is fubar...

How much boost were you seeing with those twins?

So you found the power limilt of the stock long block? I assume thats something you were hoping not to find....

it was set at 80 psi, I had just got done saying lets go blow this up so i can paint the block, didn't think it'd happen that fast :doh:

A little less timing down low might have saved the rod. A little less pep for more life is the trade off.

I'm looking into a better engine management setup to have a clearer map on all the curves, the smarty just isn't cutting it...I'm also going to be one of the first guys to get the ams2000 from Nlr to control the turbos. It's gonna be a fun ride this go around...

Back