world finals results

Another wrong theory for this race was to put the wheelie bar right on the ground to get it out quicker and prevent the big wheels up launch [sometimes makes it go Rt. or Left.] but it seems it was much worse for traction and photos.........damnit. Seasoned racers know not to make big changes for a particular race, run whats been working...

I bet it unloads the tire some at launch. Did you get a hop out of the hole then blow the tires off?

Congrats to everyone that ran

Congrats to Bryan at J&R we thought we had you with all the coolant leaking out of the truck but you managed to make one more run. Blows my mind how you went from running 10.8 best time to 10.07 over night. Was Rob Coddens hooked up to that truck Saturday night? Either way good job second time this year we ended up 1st looser to J&R.

Does anyone have a video of the super street final with J&R and Dirty Diesel? First J&R Beet out Rudys Ford 6.4 in the Semi final and then he beet out our Ford 6.4 in the Final. After he beets Rudy and lays off the throttle it is just smoke everywhere coming from the truck.

I bet it unloads the tire some at launch. Did you get a hop out of the hole then blow the tires off?

Ive got a great video of the launch but it's in a 45 minute video tape, Im going to try and get it removed and posted later. Ran in slow motion you can see air under each tire every other frame for a long time, hindsight; should have let the front raise and transfer weight... I was just hoping for that 'bullet' effect

Heres a good one of seths 1/8th miles burnout
62244_468275921467_612571467_6832514_4312576_n.jpg

Wonder what would have caused that?

Wonder what would have caused that?

Tons of phucking power, and a cold and not well preped track. Scheid and Seth both couldnt get off the starting line either, hell it was in the 40's all the night before. I still feel I could have gotten down it if not for a stupid last minute decision on my part.

OH well, that's racin'. Looks like you were keeping up for a second!

OH well, that's racin'. Looks like you were keeping up for a second!

Thier 60' was not great showing either they had early issues also Or that they just didnt get on the smack very early. I normaly 60' better than thier pass but they were settled down and on a great pass by the 1/8th

It was brought to my attention that my post about the track condition could have looked to be a dig at the NHRDA. Not hardly. Rainy cold crapy weather kept us from getting the race in on the 25th as planned, the plug was pulled for all the racers saftey and sceduled to continue on the next morning. It was in the 40's all night and the track not planning prior to us racing Sunday I fiqured was mostly to blame for the slick track, I didnt see it get sprayed and dont know if it did or not. But it was pretty obvious [if you were there] that there was no starting line at the track that day. Surly no dig at anyone besides maybe the track guys for thier prep work that morning

I know the right lane sucked all day sunday. Was great seeing the Pro Stock Guys run along with the Top Diesel guys. And i dont know if they spreayed VHT on the track sunday or not but prep wasnt the greatest and i know they were called extremely early by NHRDA to make sure prep was done. Don't know if that happened or not but was a great trip anyway other than the car not wanting to make any passes.

Congrats to all the winners and hope to see a bigger better year next year.

We had a great time.
Everthing for us went good this year with little trouble, until the finals. We blew two generators, two tires, two cooler boots, a boost strap, a air compressor and a turbo.
THANKS for all the help from everyone that help to keep us going.
Banks team helped and waited for us to fix the tire. They are true sportsmen!!!!! Hope to see them out next year

I'm still recovering from the trip - picked up a nice head cold Sunday.

Will have more pics and video up soon - here's the timeslip from the TD final.

Timeslip-Kansas_Sep26_2010.jpg

Thanks to the NHRDA and everyone who was involved in putting together the first ever World Finals! It was great aside from the weather. Hopefully next year more will come out to participate. It was awesome to see the heavy duty semi's out there racing Sportsman ET, it was sweet to see the rail there again, and it was definitely sweet to see the Pro Stock and Top Diesel guys. The pro street and super street classes had great competition, and the sportsman et class was pretty tight nit as well. A big thanks to Chad Riley for sand bagging against us in round one. :lol: Next year I'm planning on bringing a lot more to the track, heck, I was just glad the car kept making passes. One thing I did notice that the NHRDA has no control over was a few of the track workers did not want to be there at all on Sunday and were making things difficult for competitors and spectators. But I guess you'll have that. All and all it was a great event especially dealing with everything we were dealt.

Great seeing really fast trucks out last weekend...and I got some great shots!

Here's a link to a few I uploaded....start tagging away!

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

By the end of the week...photos will be loaded on the NHRDA website, all the photos will be available for purchase and/or download!

dude i thought that was you..i was at the starting line with aaron when harvey ran.... wish i woulda said something.

Just got home that was a long drive. It was a great event, Thanks to NHRDA and also Heartland Park. There were quite a number of spectators there as well. Lots of action in the vendor's alley. All the raffle items didn't hurt that for sure getting your tickets from the vendors. They didn't have enough concessions stands open, long lines to get something to eat. Would have been great if we could have finished on Saturday, but the weather wasn't cooperating. Randy and Cris kept the show going very well considering the oil downs and weather. Randy is a damn good announcer too, you can understand him, none of that Heehaw twang to sort through. Kelsie Epp did an incredible burn out.

A couple of things that I think should be looked at prior to next year's event or any event where there are that many competitors.

The random paring for the first round of eliminations for Super Street was not the best. No one wanted to face Rob so were avoiding parking close to him like he had the plague. I don't see what is so difficult about bracketing more than 16 trucks, but it has to be a random draw then all of the racers numbers should have been put in a hat and drawn. Once the bracketing was done it was not always the truck's quickest times, since it was done off the first round of qualifying once the field down to 16 or under.

The bracketing for Prostreet was also flawed. There were 9 trucks and the way the bracket turned out, Rob and Seth where in the same bracket and would have had to meet in the semifinals and they survived, and the #3 truck was the quickest truck on the lower bracket. It turned out to be a moot point since we broke on the starting line of the first round and Seth went up in smoke in the second applying too much power.

I also think the burnout, show and shine, and dyno champions should get a little something besides a trophy for their efforts. Maybe a set to tires from a sponsor for the burnout winner or something like that.

All in all it was a great event, lots of fun, the dinner was also well done. The venue was set up well, at least for Saturday, plenty of places to stay and it's about as central as you can get. Hope we have a chance to compete next year. It would sure be nice to get some support from some of the heavy hitters in Prostreet besides Smitty.

Had a great time besides blowing up the motor in the orange truck during round one of eliminations....
Its to bad Ken and Rob that we wont be able to get our truck lined up beside each other to actually get a good race in.
The NHRDA World Finals was the final and last race for our orange Super Street truck as we are going to be moving up to Pro Stock.

Micheal I cant let you win all the Pro Stock Championships next year LOL

Big thanks to randy for putting on a great event. each year it will just get bigger. nice to meet some new racers and catch up with some i havent seen in a while. just had to race the track not the racer. had a good time with my dad he had not been racing with me since i ran pro mod,he was impressed with how fast everybody was running.

Had a great time besides blowing up the motor in the orange truck during round one of eliminations....

Whats the chance that both trucks blew the motors up on the same race?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm6G2b4NlcM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm6G2b4NlcM[/ame]