XM Radio is a rip off...

wideopen

Slum Lord
I don't know how the Sirius programming is?? But I thought the purpose of having satellite radio is to eliminate Commercials?? While Cruising to work this morning I heard 4 Commercials? I don't get it?? Also the Programing isn't all that Spectacular?? If you like Top 20 Crap it would be great..

Sirius Rules.
the trend for satelite will move towards more commercials because of the $$ involved though.

Timbe is most likely correct in his asessment. Both satelite radio choices are publicly traded companies on the exchange, they are under extreme pressure at the moment because so much money in, and they don't expect to break even for years.

Sirrus is still commercial free.... does not mean for long.... but I like the programming they have and the equipment choices were much better an promising when I signed up a few years ago.

~W

I'm pretty much married to XM, I have a total of 4 subscriptions in my name, but it doesn't matter to much to me since XM's country programming is pretty good in my book and that's about all I listen to anyway. I haven't heard any commercials on the country channels that I listen to yet, have on a few of the other channels that are listed as having commercials though.

I like Monsters in the Morning on 152 then I bounce from 20, 09, 152, 165. Then I get tired of it and listen to the local country station.

I've never listened to Monsters in the Morning ..what is that?

For most people, Sirius is better.

But until they get a REAL Punk channel, I'm sticking with XM - Fungus 53. Not perfect, but the best so far.

And I have 5 units on my account, so looks like I'm married to it also.

they have faction channel 28 on sirius that has lots of punk, and bam margera, lance armstrong and tony hawk have shows on there

I have a Sirius in my truck and my wifes Durango. I love them. My area is the country side of things. And then the Vol Radio Network during college football season.

XM never claims to be commercial free, if you look at there channel listings it shows which channels are commercial free. The thing that sold me on XM over Sirius is they use satellite and sub stations to pick up signal and Sirius only uses satellite. I carpooled with a guy that had Sirius and he was forever losing signal in the same places that mine holds strong. The music was a split for me I just wish XM offered an NFL channel like Sirius as college football and baseball don't do anything for me.

i have pretty good signal everywhere i go, except under gas station roofs, tunnels and metal buildings and some garages, not all of them though

I prefer Sirius over xm and I have both. Some of the DJ`s on Sirius are a little goofy, but they will have the nascar station in 07.:rockwoot:

wayne

I wish i had sirius..Used to listen to bubba The love sponge all the time here locally until he got banned from Fm! LOL I heard he was really bad now that he can do anything he wants...

Sirius has commercials too, pissed me off when I bought the thing, got it all hooked up and the very first thing I heard on it was a commercial! I still like the programming, and the digital recorder in my system (think Tivo for radio) as well as the fact that I can program in my favorite songs and/or artists and it will tell me if they come on another station.

George

sirius only has commercials on the non music channels