XM Radio is a rip off...

i love my sirius.. but i will admit i have to change the FM preset a lot when im hauling which cn get aggrivating. I like their country and classic rock stations.. im plannin on renewing. the only time i heard a commercial was on the sports stations durin college football.

Gollonbait said:
But until they get a REAL Punk channel, I'm sticking with XM - Fungus 53. Not perfect, but the best so far.

No kiddin FUNGUS 53, RULES!!!:rockwoot: Also IMHO the techno stations are way better on xm. (not that it matters to 99.9% of the people out there.) The old school country stations like Willie's place are also great.

mmmm BPM, Fuego, the System and O&A. I like the XM and the free (to subs) XM Radio Online.

brnaodn.

I like my Sirius.
Phil, you got to try it. How did it compare to your XM?

I love my sirius. they have ground antennas also. not just satellite. I do hate having to find a different channel when I come into an area that has a radio station on that frequency. but they have an adapter that will stop that. it hooks in line with the antenna like a cd changer. I like that there are no commercials on the actual music channels.

Mark

Sirius plays better Rock and Country, they also have the SHUFFLE which is cool, but since I am a baseball fan XM is a must..........

I also like Comedy on XM and the news channels.

I might try Sirius in my next vehicle.

:evil

Last edited:
cowpunk said:
No kiddin FUNGUS 53, RULES!!!:rockwoot: Also IMHO the techno stations are way better on xm. (not that it matters to 99.9% of the people out there.) The old school country stations like Willie's place are also great.

:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Despite some of the draw backs of XM, Sirius doesn't have anything like HEE HAW HELL :bow:

How's the Reggae station on Sirius ??

I had sirius for about 4 months(came with my truck and a free year) before i really listened to it, Octane kicks arse!!

I've got sirius in the jeep, its awesome other than the waterproof jeep head unit only list the number of the station, no song titles or anything

I'm pretty much married to XM, I have a total of 4 subscriptions in my name, but it doesn't matter to much to me since XM's country programming is pretty good in my book and that's about all I listen to anyway. I haven't heard any commercials on the country channels that I listen to yet, have on a few of the other channels that are listed as having commercials though.

I agree. I thought about going to Sirius but looked at the technology. AT THE TIME the sirius units had a suctioncup mount to windshield that DWARFED the rear view mirror. Plus when I called to turn off my XM they asked why. I told them I was going to check out Howard Stern ( in which I could care less) and they kept me by telling me about O & A and wanted me to try them for free for 4 months. Free satilite radio? ok