ZooRoad DR '08 setup

Yes Rize is ready. DR vs. Deaver....DR took deavers springs and duplicated them and improved them, id rock DR, and my god do they test them...they have had a few sets for a couple months and still wont release them.

As far as bucking...the bucking should be less noticable in 08 than previous years, but leafs are leafs...and whether it be deaver or BDS...leafs have the same characteristics....and just go custom 4link rear and be a cool guy. LOL

Man, redish, you have got to be the first person ive seen on my level with Rize and OUO....dont get me wrong, i lover Rize geometry and quality (love it to death), as well as Dave's (OUO) extreme attention to detail and revolutionary thought on his systems....but i am really a fan of "less is more"....i am all about simplicity; the less thats seen is cleaner and classier in my mind.

I dont want to speak of prices, but it will be 4 digits for the OUO traction block system with bars.

btw, my 08 service truck (have no picked up yet) will be getting a DR 4link (modified) with DR zooroads and hoops with my traction bars....set at 11" up front.

Last edited:
Jess@FarmboyFab said:
Man, redish, you have got to be the first person ive seen on my level with Rize and OUO....dont get me wrong, i lover Rize geometry and quality (love it to death), as well as Dave's (OUO) extreme attention to detail and revolutionary thought on his systems....but i am really a fan of "less is more"....i am all about simplicity; the less thats seen is cleaner and classier in my mind.

No, I've been that way for some time you moron :poke:
:shake: :bang :kick:

Don't get me started on who you used to recommend first not that long ago.... LOL :D

??? I never recommended Rize first...i recommend per lift height, budget, and individual style [insert a big ole smiley that i cant figure out] OUO is on a whole different level on a performance lift

The DR ZooRoad with a 4 link front end has to work killer, set at 9". Thats my plan. Just want to exhaust all ideas as I don't want to end up like my 03, add here, change here, nudge here.... I want it on and forget about it. I might go with some traction bars as well, just not sure who's to go with on that.... :shake:

Jess, what are you going to on the rear springs or are you waiting for DR's springs to hit market?

Either of you guys going to SEMA? I'll be getting there probably the Wednesday (Oct. 31) and stay through Sat. most likely. Not sure when I'll pick an 08 up, hopefully in a couple weeks but I'm thinking of waiting to really do much until after SEMA.

this is a bad ass pic tho from OUO's site. I'm really not all that familiar with their stuff, just have seen their project trucks. I'm sure they're wicked strong, but they always seem a little gaudy to me. I'm sure they're tougher than an ox and way too much coin for me.

575_Air_six.jpg

Yeah, OUO is not cheap...tons of engineering and abuse is behind the kits...but not for guys conscious of their wallet (me). It certainly has its place though for whoever wants the biggest baddest kit on the market, thats bolt on.

I still dont have mine yet either, so chances are by the time I get to setting it all up, the DR rears will be ready.

I will not be going to SEMA this year...thats about the time i hope to hit the ground running working for Ford out of the service truck. However I look forward to 08.

I might just send you as a Farmboy representative....hook you up with a pink mohawk and let you loose on Vegas! lol

Different color on the mohawk and you have a deal.....and I need a FarmboyFab shirt so get crackin' on something :D
All the offroad companies will be wondering "who the **** is FarmboyFab" LOL

DCSpecial said:
Different color on the mohawk and you have a deal.....and I need a FarmboyFab shirt so get crackin' on something :D
All the offroad companies will be wondering "who the **** is FarmboyFab" LOL

Blue....and they will know soon enough :evil

Blue works...

And yeah some of them already know.......if you were to align yourself with the almight *DC* then they would know even sooner LOL :hehe:

well, then I guess it'll be Halloween Night in Vegas with just a few of my buds from here then... too bad none of you are gonna make it.... anyone that wants to come can bunk in our room, we usually get a big suite to have plenty of room. DC, if you wanna come, I'll get a blue mohawk to go along with... the damn tickets are cheap, like $35 so what's the prob?

My issue with going anywhere has always been time......I'm a bit of a workaholic

sredish,
Are you looking at converting your leaf truck or starting with a 2008 coil truck?

Oh ..... Farmboy & DC .... you guys are funny. Jess you need to step to Vegas for SEMA. DC I will be there and we can have a drink and talk about Jess.

Nor-Cal Nick

Ill tell ya what nick....you get me a pass and ill make the trip to have a drink with ya. I like ya enough and want to meet all the guys out there that ill certainly go; but i think im quite a bit past my business info entry deadline....and this year they cracked down HARD on anyone that has never been before.

LOL i dont doubt that, i may just give her a ring....long past due shootin the **** with you anyways

1sic250 said:
sredish,
Are you looking at converting your leaf truck or starting with a 2008 coil truck?

Oh ..... Farmboy & DC .... you guys are funny. Jess you need to step to Vegas for SEMA. DC I will be there and we can have a drink and talk about Jess.

Nor-Cal Nick

I'm flying into Vegas early Wednesday morning. Staying at Bally's for the location and proximity to the monorail as I rarely spend any time in my "home" hotel. Leaving out Saturday.

As far as the truck, the thought was to sell the 03 and buy an 08 and build on it. I'm kinda back to thinking about keeping the 03 because I'm already there the way I want it and buying another truck, 05 or 06, maybe dodge, and using it as a daily driver.

I don't like this 1sic250 guy or the Farmboy, I'm sure as hell not going if they are going....... :D

LOL :hehe: