Discussion... will there be 2.6 in 2 years? or be 2.5 and 3.0

This. Stop calling the truck classes by the turbo size.. Not a single tractor or gas truck is called by a technical name, 3.0, 2.8, 2.6, 2.5, etc is just stupid..

Super Stock
Pro Stock
Hot Stock/Sportsman
Work Stock

Unless all the big sanctioning bodies can agree on what to call the classes then this then it would never work. What some people call a "hot street" class is nothing compared to what other areas would call a "hot street" class. We deal with this every season in my area. I could see Superstock and Prostock since those are already used but we would have to get a common name across all the major orgs for 2.5 and whatever the class under it would be

Last edited:
All but 1 broke I heard and all the 3.0 trucks broke as well.
I think only one 3.0 broke.

I'm sorry but if you Have a class that they tear 3/4 of the trucks up then that's more then likely a poor setup by the sled operator. he is letting them run and slamming them on the big end instead of gradually stopping them. There are more bad sled operators then good ones

I don't think it was bad sled setup, the track just had a hop in it.

Im starting to order parts for my 2.5 puller project.. thoughts regarding the following are appreciated.

... sled pull mostly street only occasionally... ...

Dedicated pulling trucks in the 2.5 class? This is the beginning of the end for this class. :(

Dedicated pulling trucks in the 2.5 class? This is the beginning of the end for this class. :(

I don't know if it is the beginning of the end. Look at the gasser classes.
Time will tell, hopefully some of the loopholes in the 2.6 will be adressed.

The 3.0 class is growing well.

Yeah, I'm not going to lie my 2.5 truck is now a dedicated puller between the clutch and gears and now my new tuning (Don't hate me, it's a Zeus) this truck will be seeing little to no road miles every year. I still think that by keeping it a straight bore class and not letting water to air intercoolers in will keep it in check. I'm undecided on hood stacks anymore since that really isn't a performance mod

No hood stacks in my opinion. Need to keep the visual separation from the 2.6 and 3.0 class.

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

No hood stacks in my opinion. Need to keep the visual separation from the 2.6 and 3.0 class.

X2. And I wish everyone would quit talking about these trucks being streetable. They're PULLING trucks

Personally I think the single tire rule in 2.6 would really save the class, also gives a clear separation from 3.0.

Personally I think the single tire rule in 2.6 would really save the class, also gives a clear separation from 3.0.

I like this idea too, but I don't see it catching on.

Yeah, I'm not going to lie my 2.5 truck is now a dedicated puller between the clutch and gears and now my new tuning (Don't hate me, it's a Zeus) this truck will be seeing little to no road miles every year. I still think that by keeping it a straight bore class and not letting water to air intercoolers in will keep it in check. I'm undecided on hood stacks anymore since that really isn't a performance mod

When did you start running tht? I plan to have a 2.5 puller next year but to drive to the pull is asking to be stranded isn't it?

Subscribed... the rules out here on the East Coast are setting up for a Stock, 2.6 and 3.0 class. I would be nice for there to be some consistancy between the years. It seems like every year it changes alot.

I like the idea of single rear wheels and no a/w coolers at either the 2.6 or 2.5 break.

When trucks start getting destroyed in a class it turns everyone off to the sport, spectators and pullers.

It's worked very well for OTTPA this year, sled pullers always want everything to be legal, until an issue arises, then they want to make a new class. It's so much simpler to make a compromise and keep what is already there, people are going to complain one way or another, there is no way around it.

Most likely it will be gone. Seems to be fading slowly any how. Quite a dew 2.6 guys that weren't running air/water dropped to 2.5 and a lot that are jumped to 3.0 for the drive line options.

Its gonna make a lot of 2.6 guys mad when they have to take off their water and put on a straight bore 2.5 charger or step up

I just hope the guys that decide to drop to 2.5 don't try to change rules to make it closer to 2.6.

What is a step up cover? I've never understood that term

In our local 2.6 class that rule is almost in place and is working very well. I have to say almost due to the rule having an exception to allow workstock pullers to jump up. That exception is hopefully going to be addressed next year tho.

When did you start running tht? I plan to have a 2.5 puller next year but to drive to the pull is asking to be stranded isn't it?

Paid for it a couple days ago and it's getting dropped off to be put on this Sunday after this weekend's pulls. Should be up and running by mid-next week so it will be ready for the pulls in Napoleon on Friday. And NO do not drive your truck to an event. Found this out the hard way last year. Luckily it was the hometown pull and I only had to drive home 3 or 4 miles in 1st gear lol

It's worked very well for OTTPA this year, sled pullers always want everything to be legal, until an issue arises, then they want to make a new class. It's so much simpler to make a compromise and keep what is already there, people are going to complain one way or another, there is no way around it.

In our local 2.6 class that rule is almost in place and is working very well. I have to say almost due to the rule having an exception to allow workstock pullers to jump up. That exception is hopefully going to be addressed next year tho.

I do hope that it catches on nationwide, because like you I think it makes perfect sense. My fear is that the big names in pulling will raise hell about getting the power to the ground on a single rear tire and prevent the rule change from happening.

I do hope that it catches on nationwide, because like you I think it makes perfect sense. My fear is that the big names in pulling will raise hell about getting the power to the ground on a single rear tire and prevent the rule change from happening.

I would invite other big names to make a hook here with the class. Rob Hall has hooked under the rule and still had success. Also Richard Lowry with the Trailer Trendz truck. I consider both trucks to be pretty high on the list of 2.6 trucks.
There was a lot more complaints about the rule before the season than I have heard from pullers who actually have come out and tried it. The single tire is still getting power down to the track.

Back