Discussion... will there be 2.6 in 2 years? or be 2.5 and 3.0

house

the Fat kid!
Whats is every ones thoughts in 2 years.. Will be 2.6 be around or will it be gone and 2.5 and 3.0 be the 2 classes of choice then?????

Thatll be about the time my trucks ready and I will be very unhappy if something like that happens!

Way 2.6 is heading. I can see it. Talk of open drive line or rear ends is happening. If doing that I can see it vanishing

I am still curious how the SRW rule with the Outlaws will affect breakage this season. I have heard more good things than bad so far, although it is early.
There are plenty of good 2.6 trucks to maintain the class. I think we will see a couple changes in the rules in 2014 and continue as we are now.

I can't see it staying too much longer. Smoot, Tedrow and one of the Dillard brothers have all went 3.0 this year from the Haisley camp and a couple guys a year before that too. And from the sounds of things a lot of places have just had ws, 2.5 and open classes this year

Last edited:
Locally, the 2.6 numbers have been low but there's been quite a few 2.5 trucks. At big events tough there are still quite a few 2.6 trucks. I know of about 4 2.6 guys that are thinking about the jump to 3.0 for next year

Why is 2.6 becoming the unpopular class now? Seems to be the same route the 2.8 class took not too long ago

Why is 2.6 becoming the unpopular class now? Seems to be the same route the 2.8 class took not too long ago

Because they got 3.0 engines with 2.5 drivetrains. Could have prevented this a few years ago with not allowing the stepped cover / clipped wheel turbos. This is exactly what happened to the 2.8 class the only difference in a 2.8 truck from 2010 and today's 2.6 trucks is the plug they use to tech the chargers. So history repeats and I see the 2.6 class having trouble in the future. Allowing open drive line in 2.6 would be the nail in the coffin.

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

Same stupid **** as 4 years ago bunch of idiots making the rules let them get more and more lienent until were back to having the same problems as before. I say make 2.6 run single rear tire and leave it alone.

Most likely it will be gone. Seems to be fading slowly any how. Quite a dew 2.6 guys that weren't running air/water dropped to 2.5 and a lot that are jumped to 3.0 for the drive line options.

Its gonna make a lot of 2.6 guys mad when they have to take off their water and put on a straight bore 2.5 charger or step up

I just hope the guys that decide to drop to 2.5 don't try to change rules to make it closer to 2.6.

Most likely it will be gone.I just hope the guys that decide to drop to 2.5 don't try to change rules to make it closer to 2.6.

Ya mean like the 2.8 guys did to 2.6 with their chargers

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

Every time I read these, I chuckle.

Think of how easy this all would have been, if we just stuck to $50 bushings, and each year, necked them back 0.050" or whatnot, and put some rules on the MWE and how it's implemented, and this would have been completely controlled, for $50/year.

I am convinced the rules are being managed by the guys selling turbos. Screw around with it every couple years and you end up sticking $500-$1000 or more per year in it. Planned obsolescence.

Every time I read these, I chuckle.

Think of how easy this all would have been, if we just stuck to $50 bushings, and each year, necked them back 0.050" or whatnot, and put some rules on the MWE and how it's implemented, and this would have been completely controlled, for $50/year.

I am convinced the rules are being managed by the guys selling turbos. Screw around with it every couple years and you end up sticking $500-$1000 or more per year in it. Planned obsolescence.

I agree.. If turbo shops and a few select shops that dictate didn't want to make money every year rules would be same. Instead of getting new trucks in the sport they want to see the same people spending money each year.

2.6 is pointless.

For once, I think I'm starting to agree with you.

It's going back to each individual organization is going to try their own route to "fix" it, causing people to have to mod their turbos yet again, and again, and again, until people finally wise up. Seems like we're going back to our tribal roots where every town has a different set of rules....

Maybe 2.5 can keep it sane....I guess we'll see. But if puller history shows anything, it's devolution into stupidity....

I don't think think its too far off from 2.6 already.

Although i do wish people would stop calling 2.5, workstock. I hooked my truck Saturday, which right now is a true workstock truck, and i knew exactly what i'd be pulling against, but i had one of the few rigs out of 30+ trucks that resembled any sort of a "workstock" truck. Yet I heard somebody talking about how 2.5 is there to "help get beginners into pulling." LOL

theres alot of us that DO NOT want to see 2.6 go. seeing how we are still building trucks for a class that the rules are undecided on.. some of us cant just jump up to 3.0 (wheel base) and 2.5 is outta the option with whats already done to some of these engines. there are alot of rules that need to be put in place or unfortunately this class will fade. i see it lasting another 3 or 4 years. we all know that the drivelines cant handle the power these things are pushing, no matter how much $$ we stick in them. its a gamble we all know we are taking backing up to the sled. going open driveline solves about nothing, then you have a 3.0 truck. as for numbers.. around here diesels are just becoming popular, we have had a very competitive gas classes, which now it seems nobody cares about them. all the spectators want to see is the diesels. and i know its like that out west and east. this class is growing and will continue to grow as we all learn.

It is pretty sad when I was watching a video from ts this year and could not really tell which class was which. There is a group in Missouri that is running the rules from nadm back from 08. We have about 7-8 trucks at each pull.

Back