Manual VB overdrive trans??

unfinished business

I love my G56, but I still wonder what a built auto would be like. I am NOT a fan of electrically controlled transmissions! There are too many dumb things that can go wrong (just my opinion). So the question is, are there any manual VB transmission options for my 2007? Back in my mustang days I did this swap and loved it. OD was controlled by a lockup switch with the converter and I controlled when everything shifted.

If anyone has any ideas or information I would greatly appreciate it. Oh and it must be 4x4.

Thank you,

Paul

Stick with the manual and keep it simple.

I would think that if you hate electronic transmissions that modifying a auto is going to add more complicated things that could go wrong?

Im lazy...I hate manuals..I love to put it in drive and just go. I've got enough on my mind I don't need to add upshifting and downshifting to the equation.

Stick with the manual and keep it simple.

I would think that if you hate electronic transmissions that modifying a auto is going to add more complicated things that could go wrong?

Im lazy...I hate manuals..I love to put it in drive and just go. I've got enough on my mind I don't need to add upshifting and downshifting to the equation.

Well, in theory I would only need a switch or two for lockup and or overdrive since if would be a fully manual auto. I am a drag racer at heart which is the only reason I am asking.

You do have a point though, but it would be like driving a stick without the clutch.

Paul

Give Jeff Garmon or darren morrison a call...both of them are really good with transmissions and valve bodies.

Well you can do what i did, i yanked my 6 speed and put in a 47RH, full built by Dave G. of course, i shift mine with toggles for OD and lock-up.

I have one!! and I love it!! I have a lock up switch and a 4th gear switch for pulling. other wise the truck shifts into 4 and lock up on its own, and all I do is shift 1-3 I've had it in the truck since early 06 and i've never had any trans problems since. My only complant is the b&m shifter that I have is starting to get some slop in it.

I have one!! and I love it!! I have a lock up switch and a 4th gear switch for pulling. other wise the truck shifts into 4 and lock up on its own, and all I do is shift 1-3 I've had it in the truck since early 06 and i've never had any trans problems since. My only complant is the b&m shifter that I have is starting to get some slop in it.

May I ask who built your trans? Is your truck a DD?

May I ask who built your trans? Is your truck a DD?

I had a local guy here in wisconsin build it there name is automatic transmission design they bulid trannys that jegs sells. my truck is driven almost everyday in the summer by me or the wife. and it I have about 30,000 miles on the set up.

I pulled my NV5600 out and am currently in the process of having a full billet 48re built, with a reverse pattern manual Valve Body to go with a short throw ratchet shifter... I'll have a switch for lock up and one for overdrive.. Also my output shaft is the same spline count and size as the 6speed was, so no need for changing the input gear in my transfer case.. I'm not able to tell you how it runs just yet, maybe in a couple weeks here.. My truck is a daily driver..

How do u rig a o/d switch?I would like to be able to lock out o/d,thats my biggest prob w my tranny!

How do u rig a o/d switch?I would like to be able to lock out o/d,thats my biggest prob w my tranny!

Do a search here on CompD... It's pretty easy.. A couple people on here have spelled it out pretty good, with which wires to tap into and all that..

You can run your o/d and converter off of the gov port of the trans. Figure out your road speed and pressure at the port when you want o/d and lockup. Wire them in to a set of hobbs switches set at the pressure you want. You can also cancell the signal with other switches to command them during a drag race or pull event.

what if ur makeing some thing work without the pcm or harness ..... u could go with a suncoast or bd valve body and a standalone but its like 2500 .......47 re/rh

I can't tell you how much I don't regret my Suncoast full manual four speed.

I'm controlling my lockup and O.D. shift fully manual as well.

The only thing nobody says is that lockup takes half a second to engage, as well as the O.D. shift. It is not instant like I had assumed it would be...

I'd say to have the auto setup to slightly short shift in "D", and when you want to go manual, just "pull it back" with the ratchet shifter... That's how mine is run so atleast the wifey can drive it down the street and back... or just in case somebody has to move it, they won't need a 15 minute explanation of how gears and engine speeds work together with MPH, etc etc.

Merrick

Shifter1-1.jpg

Shifter2-1.jpg

Shifter3.jpg

Shifter2.jpg

Thanks Begle1, looks awesome! Is the red switch your lockup?????

Back