2017 PPL Limited Pro Stock Diesel rules

To me and how I understand the reading of the rules that hitch is illegal. You cut the bars that go forward of the center of the rear axle that is part of the hoop of the hitch then hitch would be legal.

No hitch supports or adjusters, if fastened to the rear axle housing shall be above the center line of rear axle. Pivot pin of drawbar can be no farther forward than center line of the rear axle.

If I read this correctly, bracing could extend to the back of the cab as long as the pivot point of the hitch does not extend beyond the centerline of the axle.

8.​​Hook point must be no closer than 44” of center line of rear axle, hitch height maximum of 26”, with a minimum of a 3.75” X 3.0” opening. Hitch point must be easily accessed. No “trick” type hitches permitted. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. Hitch must be mounted center line of rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed a maximum of 25° angle from pivot point to hook point. No hitch supports or adjusters, if fastened to the rear axle housing shall be above the center line ofm rear axle. Pivot pin of drawbar can be no farther forward than center line of the rear axle.

I'm on my phone so hard to make the part bold but the part that says the "hitch must be mounted center of rear axle or behind" so to me those bars that go forward that support the hitch are illegal.

I agree, however the part that the "hitch" connects to is considered "hitch supports". They mention the hitch and the hitch supports as two separate entities in the rules. If they wanted the entire hitch and all attaching members to be behind the centerline of the axle it would have been worded that way.

This is my point. IMO, anything connected to said hitch, pivot point, the ram rod or what have you can not be infront of the centerline of the rear axle. And that chassis is back halved. No doubt about it.

This is my point. IMO, anything connected to said hitch, pivot point, the ram rod or what have you can not be infront of the centerline of the rear axle. And that chassis is back halved. No doubt about it.

The back of that frame was NOT cut off. If anything the frame was added to. Remember, that is a regular cab long bed frame.

A lot of Chevy's do the tube framing behind the OEM frame. And I believe Proformance Pros have done the ones I've seen.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Definitely not back halved. Axle is sitting under a stock frame.

This is back halving. Stock frame is completely removed behind cab area and a new frame is built.

518C9B80-74A0-4760-9EE5-99041B7920B7_zpskc50xer6.jpg

555F5500-3EE4-4441-B38F-CB10661FB5D4_zpsnolts8it.jpg

Limited Pro Diesel 4X4 Truck (3.0)

3.​The body must be an OEM truck body, including the complete OEM floor pan and must retain complete OEM firewall. Complete bed floor, hitch is allowed to protrude thru the bed floor w/minimum amount of floor removed. No flatbeds permitted. The body must retain the full sheet metal, aftermarket steel hoods are permitted. The hood must be closed and securely latched while hooked to the sled.

IMO for this class the hitch should not be allowed above the bed, the entire hitch should have to remain under the bed.

IMO for this class the hitch bracing or reinforcements should all be in line with or behind the centerline of the rear axle. No part of the hitch or bracing should be in front of the rear axle centerline. But that's not how the rule is written .

Just my $.02

A lot of Chevy's do the tube framing behind the OEM frame. And I believe Proformance Pros have done the ones I've seen.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

They cut the frame off behind the centerline of the rear axle. They are not adding to the existing frame. They are cutting it off and replacing with lighter material. Per rules this has always been illegal but never enforced.

Last edited:
If you can remove half the bed floor for hitch to stick through. Why does the other half even need to be there.

They cut the frame off behind the centerline of the rear axle. They are not adding to the existing frame. They are cutting it off and replacing with lighter material. Per rules this has always been illegal but never enforced.

No part of the frame was cut or shortened. The truck was lengthened to the 158" max wheelbase. The Axle was moved back and the bed was stretched. There's two pictures posted, one with the bed on and one without when the bed went to the paint shop.

No part of the frame was cut or shortened. The truck was lengthened to the 158" max wheelbase. The Axle was moved back and the bed was stretched. There's two pictures posted, one with the bed on and one without when the bed went to the paint shop.

Im not talking about that exact truck I'm referring to trucks that are currently pulling ppl.

Back