Robts 2011/12 Stereo redone.....AGAIN

Finally things are getting sprayed. I should have everything back by Saturday
imagejpeg_4.jpg

imagejpeg_3_3.jpg

imagejpeg_3_2.jpg

imagejpeg_3.jpg

Well truly a awesome weekend. Got everything back from paint on Saturday afternoon. Really busy week so nothing got done on Friday other than spending money. I had to buy the subs (RE Audio SEX12’s) and power wire. This was an expensive weekend with paying off paint…..buying the stuff mentioned previous and all the odds and ends on Saturday and Sunday.

Got the overhead sueded and mounted..the overhead DVD installed with the lighted up ring and the lighted rings. Lets just say the suede was tough to pull and thankfully “the unknown helper” knows this stuff like the back of his hand. The lights are Bad A## let me tell you as you can see in the pictures. You can see the four switches I mounted…3 blue and 1 red. The light up as well. Next you will see a Billet Cummins symbol that covers some screw holes.

Next you will see I mounted the subs behind the plexi. Very tough trying to see it( we used black foam tape) and keep the glass clean. No easy task.

Next we install the cover that goes over the sub enclosure and the amps racks that mount beside it. It was then silconed into placed. Next we made another Plexi ring which was sanded with 150 grit to give it a frosted look and LEDs were mounted on the inside. As you can see the amp ring also lights up.

Well…Hope this is finally making sense to you all. This is no easy or small task.

Here are some pictures for you all…..Enjoy

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0082-1.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

What are you running for your front stage? Kick panels with mid and tweets and 2 mid bass and another mid in the door?

Well got the kickpanels wired up and the passenger side doors….its was a mother###### to do that by myself….passenger front door took 5 tries.
Here are some pictures with and without the lights on……The camera doesn’t do this any justice

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0102-1.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

You have lost your damned mind. LOL

Serious question though....how far are the sub's cones off the floor?

Holy GEEZ Rob...Tim is gonna see you from the air anytime he flies over Michigan at night, while you're rolling in that truck...

Does look kickazz though...can't wait to see it!

Here is what I did with the sail Pillars. I took the 2010 sail pillars…extended the bottom since they don’t fit and then molded in Two Focal Tweeters in each. Then I sueded them.

Hope you like…Almost done. Waiting on my Alpine DVD payer to get repaired. I broke the ipod plug in the radio last year and its getting repaired

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0113-1.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

It sounded damn good with the old system, BUT...holy gone bonkers..they'res alot of speakers in there..anyways it looks very nice. Ill see ya around to have a listen:rockwoot:

Joe

Here is an update. I am waiting on the DVD player to come back from repair so I can install the dash. I am also waiting on my rear seats to get done. I took the seats in to have the 60% made into a 40% so I will have custom buckets. Once this is done I will install all the crossovers in a custom enclosure under the seat

Notice the 11” LCD monitor in the dash

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0144-1.jpg

IMG_0143-1.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

Its easter break so my daughter who lives with me is with her mother and then after that week I am off. Planning on getting it wrapped up. I have to pull my motor this week in order to fix a few small oil leaks. I hate oil leaks. The motor had only a few thousand miles on it when I bought the Cummins but it was 4 years old. I think the seals went bad and well…had rolling in a $100k plus truck that may leave a small spot in a driveway. Either way I need it done by Lima 4x4 Jamboree

Here are some final picks. Still waiting on a few things. Got to better mount the DVD player and wire it up. The pictures are just of the dash prefitted. Mind you I had to take a saw and cut the dash above the cluster so the gauges would fit…no turning back now.

Next you will notice my custom rear bucket seats made out of my bench…Yeah, don’t see that everyday. Notice the center oval that has been added.

I still have to also do the under the seats with the crossovers. Not sure how it will go. Took a break my week off to celebrate my 40th bday and had to get the motor back together and house ready. Good times.

Any ways….almost there

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

Your builds are amazing and work is beyond top notch. Did you ever complete it? Will the truck be finished now or do you have anymore plans with it?

Back