Robts 2011/12 Stereo redone.....AGAIN

Please realize I'm not critiqueing your work, just some honest questions ( being that I'm an amateur Audiophile ). In your seventh photo down, your rear most driver appears to be aiming forward. Won't that really screw with the imaging? Muddying the sound. If my MECP classes were right don't you want the drivers to all focus on one point in the vehicle, i.e. the rear most dome light? Mind you I took these classes over ten years ago and things may have changed. But it looks good as far as the fab work. I like the idea's. Only one last item to offer. Have you thought of making the screen a touch screen? That is all, carry on breathing in the bondo dust.

Last edited:
Please realize I'm not critiqueing your work, just some honest questions ( being that I'm an amateur Audiophile ). In your seventh photo down, your rear most driver appears to be aiming forward. Won't that really screw with the imaging? Muddying the sound. If my MECP classes were right don't you want the drivers to all focus on one point in the vehicle, i.e. the rear most dome light? Mind you I took these classes over ten years ago and things may have changed. But it looks good as far as the fab work. I like the idea's. Only one last item to offer. Have you thought of making the screen a touch screen? That is all, carry on breathing in the bondo dust.

I still have to add in the 3/4 inch plexi and worried aBout the seat. Its actually facing up and foward just not as much. Im still doing kick panels up front...it will be more loud and flashy than anything

As for touch screen..the alpine dvd player is. Im doing a Mac mini with wireless keyboard and mouse

Also..let me tell you a huge audio secrete. Using Cyanoacrylate glue and applying accelator is your best friend...a trick my buddy told me. Dries in 10 seconds or less

Is that the stuff you spray on the on the glue and can't remove your fingers from?? LOL I've had a little experience with that stuff. It ended badly for me, or at least my fingers!! LOL

Updates from the weekend coming later today...front and rear door roughed in and taking shape...starting to look sick

This weekend we worked on the doors….building the core shapre. The plan is to paint the door and the mount plexi in the shape you see and around the speakers. This will light up . Then we will mount another painted panel on this shape so only a lighted line be around the shape. Hope that makes sense.

Here are some pics of the weekend

IMAG0466.jpg

IMAG0468.jpg

IMAG0469.jpg

IMAG0470.jpg

IMAG0475.jpg

IMAG0476.jpg

IMAG0480.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

IMAG0482.jpg

Also getting the over head prepped. This is something I have no idea what I want

LOL Rob you crack me up bud. Just can't leave well enough alone.

Keep up the work, and next thing we'll see you'll truck in a car audio magazine...LOL

Look's good though!!

My dads been in the hospital so its 3pm saturday just starting...4 cans of rockstar punch.plus energy ready to help me through a long night

Just got done taping the floor. Our plans are to have the center console roughed in. After late novemeber my buddy who is the custom installer will be working seven days so i can sand after. Tougj part is roughing it all in..

Here is the update from last weekend. It was a rough weekend. My dad was in the hospital so didn’t get a lot of time. Then Saturday night did not go as planned. We started the center console sub enclosure and let me tell you. Trying to get 4.5 cubic feet was a chore to say the least. We got part of the box completed. We still have to add the top half of the center console to add the remainder of the volume needed. This will be a ported box manly cause its about flashiness on this build.

We built one box and it was just way to big and ugly so we did another one. We ended up calling it quits early cause of all the issues and just to be honest we screwed up again with adding the port on the wrong side. Sunday I went out there and fixed it. Sometimes its better to walk away. I ended up glassing the corners for strength. This will be trimmed out later with another enclosure and also be painted on the inside. If you notice the sides weren’t covered since I am going with Plexiglass to show the subs firing to the floor. I also had a chance to sand one of the doors but still have to finish sand them.

Pics from the weekend

IMAG0495.jpg

IMAG0499.jpg

IMAG0500.jpg

IMAG0501.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg

IMAG0504.jpg

IMAG0505.jpg

IMAG0506.jpg

IMAG0508.jpg

IMAG0510.jpg

Ok…been a really busy past few weekend. Between having my daughter several weekend in a row and now finally back at it

This past weekend we worked on the center console/sub cover/trim piece completed or at least roughed in. This is all pre-filled. We also are trying to build the rear amp rack that will hold 2 of the 4 amps. This weekend coming I should have the door ready for paint or at least close. After this weekend I am looking for volunteers for helping sanding….sanding sucks..

Remember…this is not completed at early stages

IMAG0563.jpg

IMAG0566.jpg

IMAG0569.jpg

Here is the update from last weekend. Lots of sanding. I don’t think anyone can understand the amount of standing that has gone into this stuff. We also worked on the back wall and center console. Notice the transition from the backwall to the centerconsole. It also transitions in the sides of the truck or the factory trim panel. This still has a lot of finish to do including final fit and finish.

Rear Door

IMAG0575.jpg

Another front door

IMAG0576.jpg

Starting to Glass the center console

IMAG0578.jpg

IMAG0579.jpg

IMAG0581.jpg

IMAG0580.jpg

Lots of sanding. I don’t think anyone can understand the amount of standing that has gone into this stuff.

Ah man, it's just starting to get good. Though I feel your frustration, I can understand..
But gosh it looks so good so far, I may have just read over it but what are you going to cover the rear console/arm rest with?

Back